EBay madness

Marcyg

According to Pat Hammond's books, the wagons had pins (I cannot remember the number of pins...), but they are one of those parts that went AWOL easily. Wagons with a full compliment of pins are "rare"....  ;)

I'll check on that - I've actually got a book handy for once!  :)

• Like 1

I think there's a one too many there! One of the more disappointing models from the sixties - we wanted a model of a 'Hall', but this was not it and all the 'tarting up' in the world won't do anything for it* - for collectors only (IMHO of course).

*Apart from new body & chassis (and the tender isn't up to much either).

• RMweb Premium

They're as rare as hens teeth nowadays, I would expect it to go for at least £500. I can remember when they were new! :O They were intended as the Rootes group answer to the Ford Crapi but the only area where they were faster was in rusting.

In the listing he tells buyers to contact him direct, not buy from the ad.

Avoiding eBay fees. Naughty, naughty :nono:

Kev & Richard,

Take a look again, it's a Listing costing 99p and this type of listing is not for auction bidding but it is for Offers through e-bay, he is doing it all correctly.

And he's from Spott!

Tony

They're as rare as hens teeth nowadays, I would expect it to go for at least £500. I can remember when they were new! :O They were intended as the Rootes group answer to the Ford Crapi but the only area where they were faster was in rusting.

Any one fancy a bit of 1:1 scale scratchbuilding?

Kev & Richard,

Take a look again, it's a Listing costing 99p and this type of listing is not for auction bidding but it is for Offers through e-bay, he is doing it all correctly.

Yes, offers through eBay. Not direct to him on the mobile phone number in massive font.

Kev & Richard,

And he's from Spott!

Tony

Shouldn't that be Splott (as in the listing...)...some say it is from God's Plot...also from Splott is that very Welsh Traffic News "presenter" on Radio 2! ;)

• RMweb Gold

Shouldn't that be Splott (as in the listing...)...some say it is from God's Plot...also from Splott is that very Welsh Traffic News "presenter" on Radio 2! ;)

Splott (or Splo, with silent tt, as they failed to rebrand it a while ago) is about a mile from here. However, I'm not minded to go and look at a car that's been torched :beee:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-LIMA-CLASS-92-031-LOGISTICS-AND-TRANSPORT-ELECTRIC-LOCOMOTIVE-VERY-RARE-/171232944616?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item27de4761e8

Am I missing something?!  He has a long list of EWS type 5s at £100 each BIN!  A tad optimistic?!

(edited to post correct link!)

(edited again to change "3100" to "£100")

D'oh!

Edited by JDW