EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Or £174.99 from Ian Allan in Birmingham (Today)

Keith

EDIT and still current at Hornby for £209.99!!!

Edited by melmerby

I seem to remember Hula Hoops were a craze in the late fifties/early sixties. They were certainly part of our P.T. classes in primary school* (with wooden hoops not plastic). The girls could get them to rotate around their waists, but we boys were less successful (me in particular - I was always happy when it rained and the class was cancelled (no gymnasium back then - out in the playground!)

*In my case 1952-1958.

I seem to remember Hula Hoops were a craze in the late fifties/early sixties. They were certainly part of our P.T. classes in primary school* (with wooden hoops not plastic). The girls could get them to rotate around their waists, but we boys were less successful (me in particular - I was always happy when it rained and the class was cancelled (no gymnasium back then - out in the playground!)

*In my case 1952-1958.

That's what was missing from my grammar school !  Girls !

• RMweb Premium

*In my case 1952-1958.

That's what was missing from my grammar school !  Girls !

They'd only have you rotating around their little fingers. :angel:

And how can 'Code 3' (which usually means b****red up - as here) be VN mint in any case? :O :no:  (The brown streaks on the smokebox look like burnt on seagull mess!)

• Like 1

Not Hornby....

The two Grey wagons are Tri-ang Railways Transcontinetal (TC) Series flat cars. (I wonder if the pins are originals...not so common). One looks like it has had the deck painted brown.

The other two "Lima" (?) "Salmon" coloured bogie bolter C wagons look to lack any printed numbers, etc., Tri-ang made similar wagons. Possibly came from starter sets where they probably had a car load...

I really cannot comment on the load, as that is not by Tri-ang... ;)

AFAIK the TC flat cars* never had any pins. These seem to be fitted into holes drilled in the floor, rather than the pockets provided. The other two are also by Tri-ang. I think, and came with a load of Minix cars (which would be 'worth' more than the wagon!).

*One of the better models in the TC range (apart from the bogies, which are awful!). Almost up to the standard of Mehano....

That's at least a use for the sticks, which aren't much use for their intended purpose.

Il Grifone said

Mine too! though there was a girl's grammar school next door (Their most famous pupil was Mandy Rice-Davies).

We had the girls Grammar School at the bottom of the hill, and the girls were banned from going within three feet of the boundary fence as they might talk to our boys as they walked past on their way to the playing fields.

The only famous girl, to my knowledge, was Joanna Trollope.

Thane of Fife

Yes I know they have a "Name" http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131097516601?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 

but it has been started so the collectors will not be after it and the chassis is to S4 so the spacers could be missing for OO but £113 for it is over the top when you can get a new one for £72.00 http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/dsc_2751.jpg and will be more up to date to build as well.

Speaking of which, that fellow bidding huge sums for RG4s is at it again. And he still has a feedback of zero.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Speaking of which, that fellow bidding huge sums for RG4s is at it again. And he still has a feedback of zero.

I suppose accepting bidding with zero feedback is ok - after all you don't post the goods 'til the cash is safely home.

But how much would you trust a seller with zero feedback? This much? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikon-D3s-12MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body-Charger-Free-UK-Post-/181311859803?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=2pbl1mTNVga998ltFtCerGS1rfo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I suppose accepting bidding with zero feedback is ok - after all you don't post the goods 'til the cash is safely home.

But how much would you trust a seller with zero feedback? This much? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikon-D3s-12MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body-Charger-Free-UK-Post-/181311859803?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=2pbl1mTNVga998ltFtCerGS1rfo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

He says he's a canon.  If you can't trust a man of the cloth...

I'm mildly puzzled as to who might wish to shoot an M&S boss. Sainsbury executives wishing to corner the market in ready made sandwiches? Disgruntled pensioners unable to find an exact replacement for their favourite cardigan?

It's got a vanity plate, which (assuming it's the original reg) suggests that the armour was to enhance the egos of those inside rather than to actually stop bullets. If I was worried about being shot at/kidnapped, I'd want my car to be as inconspicuous as possible.

(I checked the plate because I wondered if had a NI registration number).

Il Grifone said

Mine too! though there was a girl's grammar school next door (Their most famous pupil was Mandy Rice-Davies).

We had the girls Grammar School at the bottom of the hill, and the girls were banned from going within three feet of the boundary fence as they might talk to our boys as they walked past on their way to the playing fields.

The only famous girl, to my knowledge, was Joanna Trollope.

Thane of Fife

No relation!  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

I have abs zero trust in people selling for that kind of price when their score is zero!

But how much would you trust a seller with zero feedback?

About as much as a buyer with zero feedback.

I guess we were all zero feedback at least once so you have to start somewhere. Some odd bidding on that one several with low scores including the winner.

I guess we were all zero feedback at least once so you have to start somewhere. Some odd bidding on that one several with low scores including the winner.

I would have thought most people start as buyers (I did), to build some feedback and then progress to selling.

AFAIK the TC flat cars* never had any pins. These seem to be fitted into holes drilled in the floor, rather than the pockets provided. The other two are also by Tri-ang. I think, and came with a load of Minix cars (which would be 'worth' more than the wagon!).

*One of the better models in the TC range (apart from the bogies, which are awful!). Almost up to the standard of Mehano....

That's at least a use for the sticks, which aren't much use for their intended purpose.

According to Pat Hammond's books, the wagons had pins (I cannot remember the number of pins...), but they are one of those parts that went AWOL easily. Wagons with a full compliment of pins are "rare"....  ;)

I'm guessing what you're missing is "a screw loose" :) which is apparently what most of the bidders appear to have that we don't! :jester:  :O

I'm guessing what you're missing is "a screw loose" :) which is apparently what most of the bidders appear to have that we don't! :jester:  :O

Seriously, I suspect that a smart description 'building its part up' plus a handful of decent pictures (and the Hagley Hall name) did the trick. I must try this with my spare Lima 26 (err, not called Hagley hall, of course)!

• RMweb Gold

The price is a bit high as the final few increases suggest. The D3s is a fine camera alright - but is now yesterday's model and has been surpassed by other, cheaper Nikons, so even if actually brand new, is not a clever buy at that price.