EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Its the same joker that's wanting 450 quid for some old dusty Bachmann tat I offered him a tenner for. :D

Correction, £600.

Edited by Gary H

And will continue to do so for a long time, I reckon!

• RMweb Premium

Seriously?!?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Farish-BR-MK1-BCK-Coach-Car-in-Pullman-Umber-Cream-374-080K-/131757922915?hash=item1ead625a63%3Ag%3AA9IAAOSw2ENW7vaz

Even with the cost of the Club membership (who still have them in stock) included it works out nearly £40 cheaper.

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R3379-First-Great-Western-FGW-HST-Harry-Patch-Limited-Edition-COACH-/291718241879?hash=item43ebc31e57:g:AfAAAOSwHxVW7qCk

ONLY THE NRM CAN SELL THIS MODEL "NEW" NO ONE ELSE

If only the NRM can sell it "new", why is it listed as "new" and for sale?

:no:

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R3379-First-Great-Western-FGW-HST-Harry-Patch-Limited-Edition-COACH-/291718241879?hash=item43ebc31e57:g:AfAAAOSwHxVW7qCk

ONLY THE NRM CAN SELL THIS MODEL "NEW" NO ONE ELSE

If only the NRM can sell it "new", why is it listed as "new" and for sale?

:no:

Cheers,

Mick

Naughty

Not a Railway Modeller

• Like 2

This is not Ebay madness.

It is just plain wrong.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Market-Harborough-to-Newark-Including-Belgrave-Road-Branch-Country-Railway-Ro-/391417171108?

£27.20 plus £2.80 postage, when the book can be had direct from the publishers for £18.95 post free (if you have no objection to RM 2nd class).

https://www.middletonpress.co.uk/books/railways/country-railway-routes/market-harborough-to-newark.html

• RMweb Gold

No copyright problem, as they have destucted the book and are selling it off page by page! :O

Don't books usually include something along the lines of 'Not to be resold in any form or under any cover other that the original......'?

Or has that been proven to be unenforceable legally.

No copyright problem, as they have destucted the book and are selling it off page by page! :O

I thought it looked like a scan of the original page but I could be wrong, still it amazes me what people will sell on ebay. I had a colleague who would sell McDonald's coffee cup tokens  :O

Not strictly railway, but

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dinky-943-Leyland-Octopus-ESSO-Tanker-Re-edition-/311557277902

or it's available direct from Atlas at £2.99.....

(It's then up to you, if you wish to continue with the other issues.)

A genuine Dinky 943 will set you back rather more - there's one on eBay at £249.95 (they were around £1 new back in the day IIRC, so not a bad investment!.)

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

I'm thinking of scanning a 10 pound note, both sides, on the same face of a sheet of paper, that way you don't have to flip it over and you can see both sides at the same time!

I'll call it "Copy of a 10 pound note". How does a BIN price of 15 quid and free shipping sound?? :O  :jester:

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I'm thinking of scanning a 10 pound note, both sides, on the same face of a sheet of paper, that way you don't have to flip it over and you can see both sides at the same time!

I'll call it "Copy of a 10 pound note". How does a BIN price of 15 quid and free shipping sound?? :O  :jester:

About £5 too much.....

Cheers,

Mick

About £5 too much.....

Cheers,

Mick

Oh I don't know. Doesn't doing that sort of thing win you holiday at one of the Queen's pleasure establishments? £15 could be a good investment, considering the money you save while staying there for some time at no charge!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

You could describe it as  'Kit Built' and charge thirty.

I'll call it "Copy of a 10 pound note". How does a BIN price of 15 quid and free shipping sound?? :O :jester:

You could describe it as 'Kit Built' and charge thirty.

Crumple it up a bit, put it through the wash, rub it in some soil and call it 'professionally' weathered as well :D Edited by leopardml2341

Put it in a frame and enter it for the Turner Prize.

It would be worth thousands. Now, if you could get Charles Saatchi to buy it......

The weak point of this approach is that the notes ARE copyright of The Bank Of England....Yes, Really!  So there is no arguement about "forging" being criminal! ;)