EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Apologies, shows the depth or otherwise of my kettle knowledge!

Mike

Morphy Richards, Kenwood, Breville, Russell Hobbs, Bosch - what more do you need to know?

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Pedantic mode:

Surely petrol spillage does not leave black stains? I would have thought it more likely to clean the muck off?

The price I won't comment on beyond it's Rails.......

• RMweb Gold

Is this for real? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-RAILWAYS-MODEL-No-R1089-BR-CLERESTORY-COACHES-SET-/301699888555

Were any clerestory's painted this way in the 50's and did Hornby produce these in 2006?

In 'Russell's GW Coach Appendix' the earliest cream and red livery applied to the oldest GW coach was on a 'Toplight'.

This individual is even more 'fanciful' than the 'other one'! These have to be a repaint I would've thought.

In 'Russell's GW Coach Appendix' the earliest cream and red livery applied to the oldest GW coach was on a 'Toplight'.

This individual is even more 'fanciful' than the 'other one'! These have to be a repaint I would've thought.

Actually, Hornby did these as part of a non-GWR/WR train set, with the B12, in early BR blue livery - "The Anglian". Edited by Coppercap

• RMweb Gold

Actually, Hornby did these as part of a non-GWR/WR train set, with the B12, in early BR blue livery - "The Anglian".

The B12 in Blue was a bit fanciful....though they were built as Express Passenger Locos!

The coaches are non-corridor, and so "should" be plain Carmine (Crimson/Red/ Blood!). Carmine and Cream being "reserved" for corridor stock, with the exception, it would seem, of some Ex GWR Auto-coaches!

That said, the loco and coaches looks lovely!

Also, the brake coach is a close match to the other Clerestory Coach from the Tri-ang Hornby (Not Bachmann!) Railway Children Set! So somewhere for the Guard!

That it was possibly painted by our local expert? see this related listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-C-LAWRENCE-GODDARD-OO-GAUGE-GREY-OPEN-WASTE-WAGON/131567377043

Hmmmm.

A Palbrick...A wagon for palletised bricks.

I thought these were painted Bauxite (Fitted. Hence the wheelbase notification?)

I think the slots in the sides were to allow what are "doors" to be lifed out with a forklift, prior to loading pallets. So I am unsure of the gunge running down?

• RMweb Gold

I saw that one too Tim. The terms "this train" and "coal carriage" give the game away, and the seller admits he knows nothing about model railways - especially prices in the real world.

Neil

Good morning all

The V2 also has the wrong tender. Bachmann copied the B1 tender for several locos, but these were not fitted to the V2.

Early V2s have the LNER GS flush sided tender.

A few V2s were fitted with LNER GS stepped out coping tender

The majority of V2s had the high front tender, which didn't have the central toolbox of the B1s.

Earlswood nob

Is this for real? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-RAILWAYS-MODEL-No-R1089-BR-CLERESTORY-COACHES-SET-/301699888555

Were any clerestory's painted this way in the 50's and did Hornby produce these in 2006?

As non corridor coaches, they would have been unlined crimson in the unlikely event they survived into BR days and received a repaint, I would have thought.

EDIT

Beaten to it! (Great minds think alike!)

The white roofs are decidedly a no-no! and they do not look like GER clerestories anyway*.

* Google showed excellent taste by correcting my search for 'GER clerestories' to 'GWR clerestories'!

EDIT 2

Some ideas for the coaches   http://www.gwr.org.uk/protriang.html

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

Hmmmm.

A Palbrick...A wagon for palletised bricks.

I thought these were painted Bauxite (Fitted. Hence the wheelbase notification?)

I think the slots in the sides were to allow what are "doors" to be lifed out with a forklift, prior to loading pallets. So I am unsure of the gunge running down?

The ends were also slatted (or at least the adjustable one) so not a lot of use for sludge etc.

This is not one of K's better kits - incorrect represention of the ends (not slatted) and the axleguards do not line up. Mine runs on a Nucro springing unit for this very reason. (Painted bauxite, but I still need to do the lettering.......). However AFAIK if you want a PALBRICK this is the only option without scratch building.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

As non corridor coaches, they would have been unlined crimson in the unlikely event they survived into BR days and received a repaint, I would have thought.

EDIT

Beaten to it! (Great minds think alike!)

The white roofs are decidedly a no-no! and they do not look like GER clerestories anyway*.

* Google showed excellent taste by correcting my search for 'GER clerestories' to 'GWR clerestories'!

EDIT 2

Some ideas for the coaches   http://www.gwr.org.uk/protriang.html

As is pretty well known, the origins of these coaches was Tri-ang Railways, in 1961, to go with the then New R.354 "Lord of The Isles" 4-4-0 Dean Single....

So they WERE intended to be GWR coaches.

Over the years they were also used as:-

LNER (Teak Finish) with an LMS 3F 0-6-0T in LNER Apple Green Livery, (Yes!)

LMS (Maroon) Another Train Set.

"Red and Cream" (But NOT the brake) for the Tri-ang Hornby Railway Children Set. With a Brown GN&SR Jinty. (It should have really been a Pannier Tank, but the Tri-ang Hornby Model wasn't ready then!)

A bright red (ALMOST carmine, or suitable for a later Breakdown Train!) used in a train set with another LMS 3f 0-6-0T in lined black numbered 2021.

In Black, and later Green, as an ED Engeneers Dept Coach No. 20 (Brakes only...).

"Fictitious" BR Style Crimson & Cream with a "Fictitious" BR Blue B12 (Hornby Made In China. East Anglian Train Set). It looks lovely as a set! Even if it is so "Wrong". (The coaches are ALMOST a match for the Railway Children Set coach...

"Old Slow Coach" From the TTE Range. (Only the Brake...)

Funnily enough, the later Hornby Long Clerestory Coaches have also been liveried as Midland Railway coaches, to go with the Midland Compound!

No Breakdown or ED liveries yet....Hornby are slipping! ;)

Edited to tidy up the various versions! ;)

Edited by Sarahagain

• RMweb Gold

What on earth do they actually do to their  models?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182046069042

Fire sale perhaps?

Edited by BoD
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

So you're not going to have a go at 'restoring' it then? Wonder what happened to the cab?

What on earth do they actually do to their  models?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182046069042

Fire sale perhaps?

Looks like the result of a fire. A late friend once brought along 3 blobs melted onto a length of track. It was 3 wagons, with the track almost undamaged (apart from the blobs which flowed over the sleepers. But the rest of the sleepers weren't touched.

It was a result of a fire in his garage.

Edited by kevinlms