EBay madness

Marcyg

On 08/02/2019 at 04:39, SimonMW said:

I think it needs another coat of paint dear, I can still see the rivet-thingies...

WILLS KIT BUILT OO GAUGE GWR 0-6-0 PANNIER TANK LOCOMOTIVE 5757

Looks like he has picked up a job lot of kit-built GWR stock. Lots of them... amazingly, you'd think whoever built that many would have started to develop some skills. Alas, no... I think a house brush was used to paint it.

All have been poorly painted but gone for crazy money!

• RMweb Premium

In what universe does a sticker on a box from someones collection justify the price on an old Hornby Mk2 that is worth no more than a fiver?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Mk2-TSO-I-C-blue-grey-M5120-R724/192821411133?hash=item2ce50d3d3d:g:a9UAAOSwKwhcVttI:rk:9:pf:0

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Talltim said:

If they’d done it in Loadhaul it’d have been snapped up

But a Westcountry wouldn't haul loads.

To paraphrase "Goin' up Camburn 'ill"

The wheels they wen' roun'

The coaches stood still.

Hat, coat, running as fast as little legs will go!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Speaking of Loadhaul... Having recently commented on the orange/black divide on the new Dapol class 122 being the wrong way on the drivers side, I almost posted this here with the comment that both ends have the orange blocks slanting the wrong way.  Thankfully I checked picstures of the real thing first and realised that this one did have the orange blocks facing the other way!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-Class-24-Dcc-Ready-Full-Repaint-Into-Loadhaul/292935859582?hash=item4434567d7e:g:nfkAAOSw~NZcTbJw

I know it's our 'friend' Cartmel, but, apart from the numerous chips/marks to the paintwork including removal of the build date (why?) and the coal load, since when has something with replaced couplings (Trix) been MIB (mint in box)? It should have the standard Rivarossi loop coupling or possibly their bolt-on X2f.

The price is the usual OTT, but seeing the 20/6 written on the box.... (I have several Rivarossi gondolas, but didn't pay anything like that for any of them!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-RIVAROSSI-HO-MODEL-No-C-GON-2-PENNSYLVANIA-GONDOLA-WAGON-MIB/302902025867?hash=item46865e1e8b:g:XrUAAMXQVERSxfgr

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, newbryford said:

At that price I might have 6 to sell!

Actually I will keep them until they reach 4 figure prices. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

CAPITALIST !!

Mike.

I have been called worse. :P

Thinking about it I dont think I have ever sold a model, even ones bought as a job lot and of no use to me.

Edited by royaloak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, royaloak said:

I have been called worse. :P

Thinking about it I dont think I have ever sold a model, even ones bought as a job lot and of no use to me.

I've sold a few and regretted it ever since!

• Friendly/supportive 1

20 hours ago, Il Grifone said:

I've sold a few and regretted it ever since!

I have actually started on a layout so when everything is unboxed (there are lots of boxes) there might be some things to dispose of, whether they actually  are disposed of is another thing all together.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, bgman said:

If that's good I wouldn't like to see a bad one!

Mike.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-OO-Gauge-Class-153-Northern-Rail-Single-Car-DMU-DCC-READY-1/333080519351?hash=item4d8d2562b7:g:r4wAAOSwGLZcaqa-

Am I missing something here?  (S)He has 3 of them (one of them for a tenner less which has some small detail parts missing and is unboxed), I must be missing something, surely :D

Edited by JDW

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, JDW said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-OO-Gauge-Class-153-Northern-Rail-Single-Car-DMU-DCC-READY-1/333080519351?hash=item4d8d2562b7:g:r4wAAOSwGLZcaqa-

Am I missing something here?  (S)He has 3 of them (one of them for a tenner less which has some small detail parts missing and is unboxed), I must be missing something, surely :D

Yes, you're missing paying over the odds by someone trying to rip people off?

Mike.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Yes, you're missing paying over the odds by someone trying to rip people off?

Mike.

Aha!  I knew there was something, just couldn't put my finger on it

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

Item with a description including the word 'RARE', followed by four more identical items from the same seller. He did exactly the same thing later in the day with another item.

• Funny 2

It's does make me chuckle when sellers try to sell a used item at nearly new prices. Especially on niche items where your limited to who will buy it, and they don't except returns. Sellers should be relistic on there prices.