NGS 50' Inspection Saloon - first samples received

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

If you've sent of the ballance of payment then you should get your model before too long. If not then it's worthwhile sending an email to the shop asking how much you have to pay. Don't forget that the shop have several hundred of these to send out and with Christmas approaching the postal system will get a little slower than normal.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

I don't think I've even been advised yet about the balance payment. Will e-mail Ray.

I've not heard from the NGS regarding my BR Blue order either but as Steven B as pointed out they must be inundated with work so its just a case of waiting I suppose.... makes it all the more worthwhile when the parcel arrives I guess.

I have seen some piccies of the BR Blue ones and I have to admit they look superb. Looking forward to running this with my Dapol 27 too :D

Cheers

Lee

Had an email exchange with ray earlier in the week, he told me they had over 200 unprocessed orders/payments at that time were getting more each day. Their local post office is only letting them post 28 packets a day, so thats slowing it down even more.

We'll get our orders eventually, the shop is done by volunteers so can't complain really.

• RMweb Premium

I don't think I've even been advised yet about the balance payment. Will e-mail Ray.

Hi

The message was put on the NGS website about paying the balance at the beginning of November (I think it was). I sent my payment on 7th November and received mine last week.

Cheers

Paul

I'm suprised this vehicle isn't available RTR in 4mm. I wonder sometimes what kind of market research produces the choice of a Brighton Belle observation car over one of these.

Wasn't Flangeways sniffing around this as a future release a while back? Though given what has happened with the TPO, I wouldn't be suprised to see something similar haoppen the otherway around from Bachmann in the not too distant future.

• RMweb Gold

I'm suprised this vehicle isn't available RTR in 4mm. I wonder sometimes what kind of market research produces the choice of a Brighton Belle observation car over one of these.

Hi Coachmann,

I will be stunned if a 4mm version isn't in the next Bachmann catalogue. After all, the CAD work and some clearly transferable market research has already been done for them!

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

Fingers crossed then. I won't add to Ray's workload just yet.

It seems odd to rely on the website to notify folks rather than e-mail.

Hi

There will probably be an announcement in the Journal (mine arrived today but I haven't had chance to look at it yet).

Cheers

Paul

Nice to see this model making its way out, the NGS make it very hard if not impossible to refuse these excellent models. I don't have huge need for the inspection saloon but there again why not plus I always like to try and support the excellent society where possible.

So now I've got the bumming up out the way :-), can anyone advise how I go about completing my order for the saloon? Should I expect something in the post or have I neglected to pick that up already. Can I call the NGS to complete my order somehow.

Apologies in advance for probably not reading the last few magazine editions where I'm sure this information is no doubt clearly specified, although I hope I've got a valid excuse in that I have became dad to twin boys in the windw between per-ordering and now. As you can imagine modelling has somewhat fallen off the agenda somehow during this period!!

And I have an inspection saloon too :danced:

post-4186-0-45590100-1356357356_thumb.jpg

post-4186-0-61016600-1356357370_thumb.jpg

post-4186-0-71472100-1356357384_thumb.jpg

A big thank you to Ray and Carol at the N Gauge Society - superb service from the shop as always.

Just echoing other members' posts too, but these are excellent models, very pleased with mine.

Cheers

Lee

I got a wonderful surprise on Christmas Eve. I hadn't heard a knock on the door, but went to check the post and waiting on the doorstep was a small package from the NGS - a maroon inspection saloon! Beautiful little model. Can't show it on a layout yet.Wasn't expecting it to arrive until after the New Year given the holiday break, but hats off to it getting her so soon. Thanks for Ray and Carol for their tireless work in the NGS shop. :imsohappy: :drink_mini:

I've finally unwrapped my EWS example and I am hugely impressed by the quality and feel of the model. Surely a contender for model of the year?

The printing is neat and clear, the separation of different colours is clean and the finer details such as pipework etc is fantastic. It has a surprising amount of weight to it too, which will no doubt aid it's running abilities.

Hallo,

mine arrived yesterday. Wow.. Thanks to Ray and Carol for processing the order so fast and also thanks to BachFar for creating such a quality model. I agree with Si_berian_tiger, a hot contender for model of the year.

as we say here in BaWü "an alle RMWebbers einen guten Rutsch ins 2013"

es grüßt

PC

Archived