Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

I  had a few kids last weekend asking that why don't the road vehicles move, the trains do!!!!!

Well, if your layout is in the right period you can always claim 'rationing' then watch the puzzled look come over their face.

Cheers,

David

edit: Dodgy spelling sorted

Edited by davknigh
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Apparently the way to get lynched is to used EM wheels on a P4 layout...

When we were building Mostyn, we discovered, after some problems, that some of the main line had been laid with EM track - quickly corrected with a stanley knife and lots of bad language.

I am getting a bit worried by all these punters dangling and swinging from ropes. What if the Daily Fail or the Current Bun got hold of the story?

The headline would be "Thousands of Puffer Nutters in a mass swingers S and M orgie"

Funny you should mention that. There was one incident I remember when around twelve of us...ahem...black clad trench coat types from Brighton headed up to London for a gig. (Sex Gang Children, I believe it was) but one of our group who was a bit of an odd-ball even compared to the rest of us decided to tag along. So after the gig we all went to a club in Islington, The Slimelight, which runs in the Elektrowerkz, near Angel. Trouble was this guy decided to spend the entire tube journey hanging upside down in one of the doorways wearing a gimp suit. Some of the expressions on the punters' faces were pictures and you could see them trying to decide whether to chance it near the upside down madman or push past the crowd of razor-toothed grinning Goths in the far doorway.  All of them came our way to avoid Mad Glen (which was the guy's name)

Just to get back on topic (again)

Another way to get lynched at a show would be to bring a scalectrix car and run it along all the roads making "broom broom" noises. Might not actually result in a lynching but might bring out the men in white coats with a further (backwards fitting) coat in their possession

In any capacity, go to a show with some sugar-free gummy bears to share out. There's 2 main ways to play this one out; as an exhibitor have a bowl/wagon with bears in for punters to help themselves. Or as a visitor, bring a bag of gummy bears, find someone at the show behaving in one of the many manners already mentioned in this thread, take their side even though they are wrong to build a rapour with them, then at the end offer them some bears (wait until they've wandered off and appologise to the poor hasseled operator, explaining what you've just done)

For those not familiar with the pure evil that is sugar-free gummybears, look up the reviews on amazon. I've just ordered 2 bags, only 1 is ear marked for an office based prank.......

• Like 2

In any capacity, go to a show with some sugar-free gummy bears to share out. There's 2 main ways to play this one out; as an exhibitor have a bowl/wagon with bears in for punters to help themselves. Or as a visitor, bring a bag of gummy bears, find someone at the show behaving in one of the many manners already mentioned in this thread, take their side even though they are wrong to build a rapour with them, then at the end offer them some bears (wait until they've wandered off and appologise to the poor hasseled operator, explaining what you've just done)

For those not familiar with the pure evil that is sugar-free gummybears, look up the reviews on amazon. I've just ordered 2 bags, only 1 is ear marked for an office based prank.......

Thank you, thank you, thank you - for both the tip about the SFGBs and the hint about the Amazon reviews - the former I shall keep in mind for that 'just in case' event, the latter I shall peruse when I feel in need of a belly-laugh...

• Like 2

Thank you, thank you, thank you - for both the tip about the SFGBs and the hint about the Amazon reviews - the former I shall keep in mind for that 'just in case' event, the latter I shall peruse when I feel in need of a belly-laugh...

you're most welcome. Google 'top 10 amazon reviews', there's some real wordsmiths out there.

edit: let me help you with that: http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2014/04/15/funny-amazon-reviews

Edited by Satan's Goldfish
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You are EVIL, WICKED and will never go to heaven. :D

Or as a visitor, bring a bag of gummy bears, find someone at the show behaving in one of the many manners already mentioned in this thread, take their side even though they are wrong to build a rapour with them, then at the end offer them some bears (wait until they've wandered off and appologise to the poor hasseled operator, explaining what you've just done)

Is that the same as rapport? Appologise, hasseled? What language is this?

So, taking into account that English is, in the main, our usual method of communication, should we look at the layout owner while holding up the show guide and say "what were you trying to convey when you wrote this"?

Edited by LNWRmodeller
  • Like 1

you're most welcome. Google 'top 10 amazon reviews', there's some real wordsmiths out there.

edit: let me help you with that: http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2014/04/15/funny-amazon-reviews

Hmm, the review I thought would be there is surprisingly absent...

...in case I get into trouble (ooh, matron...) by posting a direct link, a quick search using 'amazon', 'review' and the depilatory cream with a 4 letter name  that starts with 'v' will do the needful  :jester: 

Hmm, the review I thought would be there is surprisingly absent...

...in case I get into trouble (ooh, matron...) by posting a direct link, a quick search using 'amazon', 'review' and the depilatory cream with a 4 letter name  that starts with 'v' will do the needful  :jester:

yes, mention should be made to reviews for bic biros, the jesus mug, the pat butcher clock,and of course the unforgetableness that is veet for men.

• 2 weeks later...

According to my OED a model is "a representation in three dimensions of a projected or existing structure or material object." No mention of scale nor of how close a representation it can be to remain a model and not the object it's representing which doesn't actually have to exist.

So in this exchange from Ripping Yarns

Mr. Ellis: It's a bit big for a model, isn't it?

Tomkinson: It's a full-scale model, sir.

Mr. Ellis: [annoyed] It's not a model if it's full-scale, Tomkinson, it's an icebreaker.

Tompkinson could claim to be quite correct and the actual icebreaker it wasa full scale model of didn't even have to exist.

So is Tornado an actual LNER Peppercorn Class A1 (even though it wasn't built by the LNER) or a full scale, fully functioning model of an LNER Peppercorn Class A1 that never actually existed ?

Answers on a postcard please to the Amalgamated Union of Philosophers, Sages, Luminaries and other Professional Thinking Persons.

Of course, if you're being really pedantic many of our models are representations in four dimensions because they change with time. :locomotive:

(my head hurts...)

• Like 1

Ah, nothing like catenary posts made of brass 'h' section to stop this happening - oh, the blood and the squeals.......

handheld-insect-zapper-42c.jpg

Throw away the racket part and couple the guts of this consumer safety approved US$10.00 bargain to your overhead.

Press button as required. :sungum:

Andy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

handheld-insect-zapper-42c.jpg

Throw away the racket part and couple the guts of this consumer safety approved US$10.00 bargain to your overhead.

You've been ripped off - I bought one last week for £3.99 from Lidl.... :jester:

• Like 1

You've been ripped off - I bought one last week for £3.99 from Lidl.... :jester:

Got mine from the 99p shop or was it the £1 shop?

Anyway back to subject. 

Light a fart directed towards an American logging layout and watch it go up in flames.

Keep your pants on as your bottom may get burned aswell.

That would be a double lynching if you took them off though!!

I am not condoning ARSON. This is only a scenario, it is not for real!

Edited by andytrains