Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

It may not involve a lynching, but being a GWR enthusiast in a club full of Southern Railway enthusiasts certainly does make life a whole lot more interesting.

Matt, as much as I would like to say the club is full of Southern enthusiasts, you know that isn't true, we just accept that you have been misled by a certain member who favours locos with copper chimneys, now I suppose i had think about carrying out some 'detailing' on loco's for Avon jcn. :rolleyes:

Colin

Edited by ColinW

Matt, as much as I would like to say the club is full of Southern enthusiasts, you know that isn't true, we just accept that you have been misled by a certain member who favours locos with copper chimneys,

Colin

And what's wrong with that! :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

Jeff

Matt, as much as I would like to say the club is full of Southern enthusiasts, you know that isn't true, we just accept that you have been misled by a certain member who favours locos with copper chimneys, niow I suppose i had think about carrying out some 'detailing' on loco's for Avon jcn. :rolleyes:

Colin

You are indeed correct, and I feel I must apologise that I neglected to mention that the club does indeed include enthusiasts for LMS, LNER, several Narrow Gauge enthusiasts, and not to mention the Modern Image enthusiasts would be most unforgivable, I even have a feeling there might be one or two members who are interested in overseas modelling (European prototypes as it were) . I should clarify that a reasonable majority of the club are Southern Enthusiasts, though it does indeed cater for other companies and interests.

I also know for definite that there are of course at least 4 other members who have GWR locomotives as part of their own collections, one of these members guided me towards my interest in GWR, and taught me alot of things I never even knew before. For example, I now know that Frederick William Hawksworth's birthday is the 10 February (1884).

Edited by GWR-Fanatic

• RMweb Premium

Back to the OP.

Walk up to a beautiful model of a pre-grouping layout and ask:

"Is that the Hornby R8005 signal box?" in a really nasally monotone.........................

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

You'll be thrown off the end of the pier if a certain person sees it.

Wear an RMWeb badge. Not everyone likes this forum...

Been there, done that, funnily enough not a word was said to me. :no: Members day thing on end of layout, not a word...........

back to original post, and I apologise to everyone in advance.

first make sure you are standing in front of an appropriate layout and choose from the following list:

I wonder when Scalefour modellers will finally start to scale the the weight correctly

Isambard Kingdom Brunel should have stuck to ships

I always thought (Insert your chosen line/engineer) was overrated anyway

I've been standing here for an hour and you haven't run Thomas yet

You don't look after your locos very well, they're all dirty

• Like 1

I always thought (Insert your chosen line/engineer) was overrated anyway

G. J. Churchwood and C. B. Collett, two of the finest locomotive designers in railway history in my opinion, you can never overrate their designs, and I'd be first in the queue with pitchfork at the ready if it were the case (slightly Off Topic but for a quick giggle, N-Gauge City of Truro please!) ;) :D ^_^

Now if you'll pardon the pun, I'll let this get "back on track" ( :rolleyes: :D ^_^) with the matter to hand.

Edited by GWR-Fanatic

G. J. Churchwood and C. B. Collett, two of the finest locomotive designers in railway history in my opinion, you can never overrate their designs, and I'd be first in the queue with pitchfork at the ready if it were the case (slightly Off Topic but for a quick giggle, N-Gauge City of Truro please!) ;) :D ^_^

Now if you'll pardon the pun, I'll let this get "back on track" ( :rolleyes: :D ^_^) with the matter to hand.

GJ Churchwood?

George Jackson Churchwood, argueably a genius designer (and no I'm not biased in favour of the GWR, but I can appreciate superb loco designs)

and I repeat, G J Churchwood??????????

Churchwood? hoist with his own petard, methinks!

Picking up the current baton...to a poorly running Green Wet & Rusty layout; 'Was that loco designed by G.J. Touchwood?'

As well known as William Stainer, Nigel Grisley and Oliver Bullhead. :declare:

Or the ubiquitous Bullied...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Ask the geezer on the "Shawplan" stand in the Sheffield United shirt if he's wearing it to win a bet. :declare: :declare:

He wouldn't lynch you.......... It would be much worse! It would probably require surgery to remove ones head from where it really shouldn't be.

One bloke came close this afternoon at Nottingham. Something was slightly amiss on LB and the chap kept telling one of my daughters that she needed to pull this that or the other lever. They get this sort of thing all the time, being but "girls in a man's world".

They are both very good operators. Of course, she had pulled all the levers quite correctly and it was a faulty switch causing the problem. She was too polite to say anything at the time but if looks could kill..........

• Like 5