Bachmann announce L&Y 2-4-2T

Andy Y

I placed the 2-4-2T on the shelf above my PC aongside another recent purchase, a Bachmann D11 4-4-0.  The latter with its huge boiler is a beast beside the 2P. It also occured to me the radial tank might make a half-way decent GCR 9G or LNER Class F1 & F2 2-4-2T....post-6680-0-18664300-1387151317_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I placed the 2-4-2T on the shelf above my PC aongside another recent purchase, a Bachmann D11 4-4-0.  The latter with its huge boiler is a beast beside the 2P. It also occured to me the radial tank might make a half-way decent GCR 9G or LNER Class F1 & F2 2-4-2T....attachicon.gifWEB Director and Radial.jpg

The difference in buffer heights is also 'interesting'.

Tony

Edited by Rail-Online

The standard Bachmann 6 pin decoder fits fine. I have already fitted one to my NRM Version and have another one for my BR loco.

Here are a couple of photos of my two locos which hopefully will help to make more sense of post 336 on the difference between 1008 in it's NRM form and how it would look in Crimson Lake. The main changes being the buffers and the lamp irons. The two clamps at the bottom of the smoke door would be the icing on the cake.

After being passed over by Hornby again today the followers of the LMS continue to be dependent on Bachmann - many thanks for your excellent efforts so far!

post-4790-0-43484100-1387209477_thumb.jpg

post-4790-0-90853600-1387209507_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I wonder if someone can clear up a conflict of info I have come across regards loco 50781, according to railuk site its last shed was Southport in 1960.

http://www.railuk.info/steam/getsteam.php?row_id=12980

but according to BR database it was Walton on the hill, there from 1957 to 1960.

http://www.brdatabase.info/locoqry.php?action=locodata&id=121684&type=S&loco=50781

If it was Walton on the hill id like to model this one as it would be more useful to my modelling area. if withdrawn from Walton in 1960 id imagine it was used on stopping passenger trains to Aintree central which finished in 1960 so would be more useful to me than 50721 which was a station pilot at Liverpool Exchange, Ive got no intention of modelling Liverpool exchange so wont have much use for a loco that was primarily used on station pilot duties between there and Kirkdale.

shot of 50781.

http://mikemorant.smugmug.com/Trains-Railways-British-Isles/LMSR-and-BRM/Other-pre-LMS-locomotives/23528380_2R87Mr/2029636967_md4ZJcp#!i=2029636967&k=md4ZJcp&lb=1&s=A

• RMweb Premium

I can confirm that at least one box shifter has plenty of these models. The reason you are not seeing them in stock is because they are busy packing and sending them all to me.* :D

* a slight exaggeration, but if pre-orders >= deliveries , then they wont appear on the web site.

Weathered DCC one shipped by Liverpool dealer today and only came into stock today as well. Looking forward to it although could have done without attack on wallet so close to Christmas.

You'll get no pity round here  :biggrin_mini2: but welcome to the club.

• Like 1

Just read my e-mail Andrew Lloyd at Hattons packed mine at 18:11 last night.Oooh it'll be on it's way to me now.Ooooh I'm so excited!!!Even better opened my snail-mail to find I've won two lots of 25 Quid on me premium bonds that'll go some way toward paying for it.This is going to be a great Christmas I just know it.You know sometimes life's so good.Could it get any better than this.

• RMweb Gold

Only 1008 is fitted with a sound decoder with a project based recordings of the L&Y preserved locos done by a friend last month.

I have just ordered some Zimo MX648's from Digitrains for fitting over Christmas, they have the same L&Y project to load on to decoders.

Only 1008 is fitted with a sound decoder with a project based recordings of the L&Y preserved locos done by a friend last month.

I have just ordered some Zimo MX648's from Digitrains for fitting over Christmas, they have the same L&Y project to load on to decoders.

Perhaps you might do a step by step in how to fit the speaker & decoder as I understand space is limited.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tony,

I have done some photos of the installation on 1008 which I will make up into a step by step.

I have ordered some small HiBass speakers from Digitrains which I think should fit in the bunker instead of the current Sugar Cube. I will wait and see how it fits before posting the photos.