Bachmann announce L&Y 2-4-2T

Andy Y

I recall two transfer firms produced Lancashire & Yorkshire insignia, one being dryprint and the other 'Methfix'.

HMRS have Lanky transfers in their range now produced in conjunction with the LYRSoc.

HMRS have Lanky transfers in their range now produced in conjunction with the LYRSoc.

I had a gentlemans "standing order" with Peter Chatham to send me anything that was new or contacts with folk he produced transfers for. So I ended up with 4mm and 7mm sheets of everthing in case it had a use. I painted only one or two LYR coaches.......It wasn't popular at the time, but the ones I really needed were coach transfers for the SE&CR. I bought 50 sheets of Midland transfers when the HMRS told me it was discontinued.

All three are listed on the Bachmann website under the heading:-

Branchline OO Scale Arrivals during last 30 days

Bachmann Rep in the shop I visited this morning stated that all three versions of the 2-4-2T were in the UK and might even reach retailers before the end of this week.  The J11 (early BR logo) is almost at the docks in the UK and may be available before Christmas.  The porthole coaches are "all fixed" but "definitely mid 2014" for delivery.

Stan

• RMweb Gold

I thought I'd placed an 'expression of interest' with Locomotion for one of these, which I did via the e-mail system, but I never heard anything, nor has anyone asked me for any money (no credit card details were requested at the time). I know that they hadn't sold out when I contacted them. Clearly, I'll contact them again if nothing further is heard about this, but I was just wondering how the ordering process went for others, assuming that I didn't do it right at the time!!

Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

I have to say that it looks exceeding delicious in the BRM review - but alas they didn't get to South Wales (but Coal Tanks did of course :jester: )

They didn't get to London either, but one was sent to Bedford for a couple of years, so I'm thinking why not Kentish Town?  It could have provided cover for ailing Fowler 2-6-2s on the T&H.

• Like 1

Shame the LMS one appears to be unlined black, a quick look at Jenkinson & Essery indicates there were a fair few so treated, but I think lined with red may have been more appropriate.  They did that too with the LMS Compound, which was a real shame.  Cost-cutting?  But then they could prove me wrong in a year or two by releasing a red one with all the trimmings.

• RMweb Gold

I thought I'd placed an 'expression of interest' with Locomotion for one of these, which I did via the e-mail system, but I never heard anything, nor has anyone asked me for any money (no credit card details were requested at the time). I know that they hadn't sold out when I contacted them. Clearly, I'll contact them again if nothing further is heard about this, but I was just wondering how the ordering process went for others, assuming that I didn't do it right at the time!!

Thanks.

I had originally 'expressed interest' via something at a show and it seems they had my name and 'interest' as they mailed me to say it was available.  I then had major problems with trying to pay via the online ordering system (the SAGe thingy didn't work) so phoned and duly ordered.

But apart from all that I do appear to have somehow got myself onto their mailing list in any case - I suspect the only way that happened was from my original 'expression of interest'.

I had no problem with ordering all three Locomotion Limited Editions: The Royal 47, Deltic DCC fitted and the L&Y 2-4-2T. I ordered directly from the web site and received email confirmation quickly, not to mention the quick extraction of the funds from my credit card account! The models arrived promptly and well packed, once released.

I think that Locomotion may have struggled to keep up with orders, which may have diverted their attention from notifying those who had made an expression of interest. After all this is really the first time they have gone into the limited edition market for versions of mainstream models in a big way. I am sure that they will have learnt a few lessons!

I personally would not rely on expressions of interest. I had already placed a firm order by the time they contacted me! I did wait before ordering one of the L&Y Tanks because I thought I might be able to pick up one at Warley and save the postage. However once I realized how quickly they were going, I got the order in promptly! Just as well as they sold out before Warley and they didn't even have a stand there as far as I know.

As far as I am concerned I will keep an eye on the Locomotion site in future and get my order in quick. I notice that all the Deltics have now gone.

As present Bachmann seem to be sell models in pre-grouping liveries with amazing rapidity. The SE&CR C Class, S&DJR 4F and the L&Y 2-4-2T have all disappeared so quickly! Certainly the L&Y Tank in early LMS Red would be, I think, would be another hot seller. Is anyone listening out there!

Just got my email from Hattons to say that it is due in very soon and will be sent on it's merry way to Bacup.

Hooray :D

Have you ordered the well-known Bacup variant with the Defutt Clog Heater, wippet kennel and 12½-spoke reverser wheel  :rolleyes:

Edited by coachmann

I had no problem with ordering all three Locomotion Limited Editions: The Royal 47, Deltic DCC fitted and the L&Y 2-4-2T. I ordered directly from the web site and received email confirmation quickly, not to mention the quick extraction of the funds from my credit card account! The models arrived promptly and well packed, once released.

I think that Locomotion may have struggled to keep up with orders, which may have diverted their attention from notifying those who had made an expression of interest. After all this is really the first time they have gone into the limited edition market for versions of mainstream models in a big way. I am sure that they will have learnt a few lessons!

I personally would not rely on expressions of interest. I had already placed a firm order by the time they contacted me! I did wait before ordering one of the L&Y Tanks because I thought I might be able to pick up one at Warley and save the postage. However once I realized how quickly they were going, I got the order in promptly! Just as well as they sold out before Warley and they didn't even have a stand there as far as I know.

As far as I am concerned I will keep an eye on the Locomotion site in future and get my order in quick. I notice that all the Deltics have now gone.

As present Bachmann seem to be sell models in pre-grouping liveries with amazing rapidity. The SE&CR C Class, S&DJR 4F and the L&Y 2-4-2T have all disappeared so quickly! Certainly the L&Y Tank in early LMS Red would be, I think, would be another hot seller. Is anyone listening out there!

I dont think the 2-4-2 tanks ever carried the LMS crimson Lake livery so I wouldnt buy a red one.

• RMweb Premium

Did they ever carry early LMS livery with "LMS" on bunker sides and a large number on tank side. If so this would be an interesting model and better than the more bland LMS one they are producing. Nice models . I have a L&Y one from Locomotion. My expression of interest was never acknowledged so I ordered one directly as soon as images appeared on here . Lovely!

According to "Locomotive Liveries of the LMS" by David Jenkinson & Bob Essery The following L&Y 2-4-2T with round top boilers and short bunkers were painted in pre-1928 LMS Crimson Lake Livery with 14" numerals (Gold, shaded black) on the tank side and the LMS Coat of Arms on the bunker side, ex. L&Y number in brackets:

10621 (1008);10637 (1040); 10683 (349); 10699 (1214);10732 (104); 10735 (129); 10776 (1343); 10807 (1391). In addition 10730 (88).carried the same livery but with LMS in small letters on the bunker side.

The observant among you will note that the first on the list, 10621 is the preserved 1008! Therefore as long as the smoke box and front hand rail had not been changed in early LMS it would be very simple for this model to be produced, if in fact it has not already been done! (I have no inside knowledge!) I am fairly certain that someone has already drawn attention to this earlier in this topic. 

Edited by Unknown Warrior

My apologies, I should have checked first rather than relying on what I thought I had read. Crimson Lake is certainly is an interesting option, however as I already have 1008 and have pre ordered 50636 I dont think I can justify a third.