RMweb

ModelRail USTC 0-6-0 Tank Loco Project USA

Andy Y

As far as I know, we are required by Bachmann to take ALL the models in one batch. Whether they will all be produced and delivered in one batch, I have my doubts. Elsewhere, on Bachmann's listing released yesterday, they are shown as 'in production', however the second livery samples of the green and brown ones have yet to be seen or approved. In my PERSONAL view, it is likely the black ones will arrive before the coloured ones, as that's how the samples were received. That's a 'best guess'. (CJL)

Many thanks - I appreciate it is only a personal view -  but even to know they are (ostensibly?) in production is useful and at at least I/we know worst case :)

• 5 weeks later...

I would say they're not too far away. I had chance for a good look at Ally Pally and I was very impressed. I've not seen a decorated sample of the green ones yet.

attachicon.gifUSA_Tank_LMRs.jpg

attachicon.gifUSA_Tank_NCBs.jpg

attachicon.gifUSA_Tank_USTCs.jpg

attachicon.gifUSA_Tank_Worth_Valley_s.jpg

I wasn't aware they had been to Ally Pally. The spec for the green livery has been revised so there's no point in showing the green-liveried samples that we have, although they are illustrated in our ads. We are not expecting to receive them until well into the summer. (CJL)

" .......... well into the summer ......" of 2017 or 2018, I wonder ....... ? ..........................................

No need to wonder. We're told they will be manufactured in June - that is JUNE 2016. (CJL)

Edited by dibber25
  • Like 7

Sorry for the cynicism but I think the latest guesstimate - on one of these parallel threads - was 'First Quarter 2016' and that seems to have joined all its predecessors in the Recycle Bin !

.......... anyway, I shouldn't be complaining : my 'investment' of £114 in December 2012 is theoretically worth £124.95 now - that's almost 10% in 3½ years ......... obviously my USA qualifies for a better rate than my ISA !

• RMweb Gold

No need to wonder. We're told they will be manufactured in June - that is JUNE 2016. (CJL)

Yeah Chris, but which calendar are you using? It is only the year 2008 in the Ethiopian calendar and 1732 in the Coptic :jester:

In all seriousness these look like lovely models and I am sorely tempted despite not my era. Fantastic subject matter and great liveries.

Yeah Chris, but which calendar are you using? It is only the year 2008 in the Ethiopian calendar and 1732 in the Coptic :jester:

In all seriousness these look like lovely models and I am sorely tempted despite not my era. Fantastic subject matter and great liveries.

They ARE lovely models. I noticed the other day that the green one has a motor in it (most of the livery samples are not mechanically complete) so I intend to borrow that for a play session sometime soon. We apologise for the delay to these models. It's not all Bachmann's fault by any means. It has been a very complex project and we've been at pains to try and get each model right, despite the many details which are difficult/impossible to check 50 years on. The final delay, this year, was because we had some of the livery colours re-sampled and that delayed things until after the Chinese New Year break. (CJL)

• Like 1

Chris, wonder if you can advise me please? I'm on the verge of ordering a Worth Valley version, as a subscriber. Except that I'm not....but I am! For complicated reasons, the last time I renewed my subs, my son-in-law actually did it for me, so the name/address is actually his. Also, as far as delivery is concerned, I am uncertain of the address I will use at this time. With pre-orders (elsewhere) I usually arrange this at the time the model comes into stock. Are these 2 points a problem?

Stewart

Chris, wonder if you can advise me please? I'm on the verge of ordering a Worth Valley version, as a subscriber. Except that I'm not....but I am! For complicated reasons, the last time I renewed my subs, my son-in-law actually did it for me, so the name/address is actually his. Also, as far as delivery is concerned, I am uncertain of the address I will use at this time. With pre-orders (elsewhere) I usually arrange this at the time the model comes into stock. Are these 2 points a problem?

Stewart

I don't think there should be a problem. If you order by phone, Kernow will be able to check that your son is a subscriber using either the subs number or your name and address. You should be able to order in his name and have it shipped to your address. (CJL)

Edited by dibber25

They ARE lovely models. I noticed the other day that the green one has a motor in it (most of the livery samples are not mechanically complete) so I intend to borrow that for a play session sometime soon. ....................

Well don't put the motor in the Worth Valley one . . . IF I see correctly the gear has been connected wrongly and the connecting rod has been connected inside all the others on the rear wheel !

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=696053

• RMweb Gold

Well don't put the motor in the Worth Valley one . . . IF I see correctly the gear has been connected wrongly and the connecting rod has been connected inside all the others on the rear wheel !

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=696053

Are you sure?  Looks to me that the connecting rod is definitely outside the coupling rod - JLTRT.

• Like 1

Are you sure?  Looks to me that the connecting rod is definitely outside the coupling rod - JLTRT.

Yes, I think it's Ok, though the con rod does look a bit bent. These have done quite a bit of mileage (with the Post Office) even if some of the chassis are the push-along version. (CJL)

• RMweb Premium

If you take a look at all the images of the various liveries that Andy posted, they all look to have the same arrangement (to my eyes at least).

Look at the rear wheel.   The rod goes to the INSIDE of the other.

IF the wheel rotates the connecting rod will foul it.  The rod looks foul of the middle axle.

The connecting rod, to my eyes at least, is attached outside of the coupling rods - both being positioned behind the eccentric crank. In other words, as it should be.

Regards,

Matt

• RMweb Premium

Look at the rear wheel.   The rod goes to the INSIDE of the other.

IF the wheel rotates the connecting rod will foul it.  The rod looks foul of the middle axle.

I hate to say it - but "should have gone to Specsavers"!

Sorry.

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

What does look odd on the KWVR model, and I think it's just an illusion in the photo, is where the connecting rod crosses the lower end of the expansion link. It 'looks' like the connecting rod might be outside the pivot of the expansion link and eccentric rod and which, if it were, would foul.

However, as I say, I think it's just a trick of the photo angle and the lighting.

Now I'm in the office, I've checked the model and can confirm that it is correctly assembled. Not only that, it does have a motor in it and, judging by the marking on the wheels treads, Bachmann must have given it quite a bit of test running. I'm taking it home tonight for a play. (CJL)

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Well the first quarter of 2016 has been and gone. still no sign of a USA tank here. (in USATransport Corp colours or should that be colors.). I ordered back when it was announced it seems a very long time ago....