Good buy from Ebay

Unchuffed

• RMweb Premium

dunno if you have been watching ebay this evening but a 66614 'poppy' has just gone for £105 from a private seller with only 1 bidder, so £95 after the 10% off!

I think I know which one you mean, sure I saw that one earlier this week. Crikey I bet the seller is gutted after paying £170 for it. He's just got more than half of his money back for it. A good buy though for the successful bidder and what a weekend to win at the price and then with the additional 10% off. Now that is a bargain and it's a Exclusive and Limited Edition as well. That's really good going. 

Have to admit I was tempted to get 614 with 727 today instead of 688, although I have wanted 688 for ages and for £113 that's the cheapest, brand new 37 I have ever bought. 

• RMweb Premium

As Jim has mentioned above Ebay are doing 10% off collectables until 11:59pm tonight. 

Not just collectables - I've just purchased some Vallorbe files and precision screwdrivers using the code.

Another new chassis DCC ready Bachmann Ivatt picked up with the 10% off ebay offer, used but with unopened detail pack and dcc decoder fitted so waiting for its arrival to see what the decoder is and how little the loco actually cost as a result.

EDIT - No decoder details with it but Decoder Pro comes up with multiple possible Zimo decoders so suspect its the Bachmann rebaged Zimo MX618N18 so around £57 for the loco - somewhat less than half price for a new one at Bachmanns prices.

Edited by Butler Henderson
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just to let everyone know Ebay are offering 15% off today only on collectables. 

The code is POWPOW15 to be entered at the checkout and as far as I'm aware the usual t's and c'c apply including paying straight away at the checkout, minimum spend is £20, the maximum disocunt you can recieve is £75 and I assume that like the previous 10% discounts you can use the discount on two seperate transactions for two items. 

Meaning that the Rails Of Sheffield Exclusives (Freightliner 66614 & GBRF 66727) are today £145 as opposed to the usual price of £170. A good saving of £25 on each model. 

Just using those models as examples. Of course their are other models in which the discounts can be applied to. 

Hope this is of use. 

• RMweb Gold

Just to let everyone know Ebay are offering 15% off today only on collectables.

The code is POWPOW15 to be entered at the checkout and as far as I'm aware the usual t's and c'c apply including paying straight away at the checkout, minimum spend is £20, the maximum disocunt you can recieve is £75 and I assume that like the previous 10% discounts you can use the discount on two seperate transactions for two items.

You can only use it once this time si get a basket full of stuff on the go before using it

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for posting this Jim. I wasn't aware of this. 

Now do I buy anything or not this time...

i was after some bits for my mini yesterday and offered the seller £30 against his £40 buy it now, he came back with £36 which i accepted and with the code it has taken the item down to £30.60, just got it sat in my basket while i decide what else to buy with the code

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

attachicon.gif420.jpeg

As I said the chassis has a Mashima motor and runs as sweet as a nut, the cab sides have been cleaned up and refitted and new pipework fitted then a quick blow over with primer. Somehow the builder fitted the cab sides too high, the roof now fits nicely

attachicon.gif421.jpeg

The roof is not glued in place as it will be fitted with the cab rear once the painting of the cab has taken place, taking the photo I have noticed the builder hs fitted the rear hand rail knob in the wrong place, its now been moved and the hole filled

Only an occasional visitor to this thread so just caught up with this, fantastic transformation, it really does look the part............great work.

Rgds.......Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to be more selective with eBay, found a lot with two Southeastern Finecast E1 chassis, one built with Romford wheels and a Mashima motor the other just the etches and spacers.

I do have a part built Southeastern Finecast E1 missing 2/3rds of the chassis components, and the second chassis can go under a Wills E2 (this chassis is closer to the E2 than the Jinty one used)

Paid the £35 Inc postage, which is about the cost of one new chassis and I also have a set of wheels worth about the same and a DS10 motor. Both will be rebuilt to EM gauge and will have a decent gear box fitted (I hate the meshing qualities of early motor mounts).

From the same seller I also bought a Milholme tender drive kit for £11.50, I have one already (without the instructions and the wrong motor) thoughts are I can use them as diesel bogie drives. I thought they were designed for the Airfix slimline motor, as it happens its the Keyser Mk1, I have either sold or used mine. still I now am in a slightly better position than I was. with these. 

• RMweb Gold

Just picked up a Bachy Mk1 for 17quid including postage..........looks like it's hardly been out of its box. Well pleased.

Mike

• Like 1

Trying to be more selective with eBay, found a lot with two Southeastern Finecast E1 chassis, one built with Romford wheels and a Mashima motor the other just the etches and spacers.

I do have a part built Southeastern Finecast E1 missing 2/3rds of the chassis components, and the second chassis can go under a Wills E2 (this chassis is closer to the E2 than the Jinty one used)

Paid the £35 Inc postage, which is about the cost of one new chassis and I also have a set of wheels worth about the same and a DS10 motor. Both will be rebuilt to EM gauge and will have a decent gear box fitted (I hate the meshing qualities of early motor mounts).

From the same seller I also bought a Milholme tender drive kit for £11.50, I have one already (without the instructions and the wrong motor) thoughts are I can use them as diesel bogie drives. I thought they were designed for the Airfix slimline motor, as it happens its the Keyser Mk1, I have either sold or used mine. still I now am in a slightly better position than I was. with these. 

My parcel arrived today with said items, whilst the motor is fine the built chassis of the two has the wheels stuck solid, too much paint I think is the issue. As both will be built/rebuilt to EM gauge no real issues as one will need a dose of paint stripper prior to re-gauging

The Milholme tender drive will also be of use either as designed or under a diesel

All in all one of those nice finds where it is what I thought it was 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I am a happy bunny

Bought 8 Bachmann weathered Gulf TEAs from TMC a couple of years ago - should have got the full rake of 10 but could not afford at the time

Picked one up off Ebay in November - from Gostude - and just got the final one off an RMWeb member, also via Ebay , both as new and flawless transactions

It can work well for specific items - many thanks to both sellers

Phil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CLARENCE

Just bought this lot for £15  plus £5 P&P.  think its a bit of a bargain for the price. And  I  really needed some small drills and needle files'; I'm pleased. Not arrived yet, but they certainly look good.

s-l1600 (5).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ive managed a bit of a bargain this week, a complete (bar the bogies) Phoenix kit for a GWR J12 sleeper for the princely sum of £7.  It was not well listed (it was described as a 61ft Cornish Rivera stock in the title, had a photo of an LMS coach and a description mentioning the J12).   

The seller also had a number of other coaches at the same price, some of which are already reappearing on eBay at 4 times the price. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

O gauge, kit built 6 wheel milk tank. £20 & £2.95 p&p. Ive removed the signage and done some weathering and added lettering. Something different for my growing milk train - ah yes - dont currently have an O gauge railway - just started collecting for the future :D20190214_102811.jpg.3f56c415929741d99262de3369336104.jpg.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ba14eagle said:

O gauge, kit built 6 wheel milk tank. £20 & £2.95 p&p. Ive removed the signage and done some weathering and added lettering. Something different for my growing milk train - ah yes - dont currently have an O gauge railway - just started collecting for the future :D20190214_102811.jpg.3f56c415929741d99262de3369336104.jpg.

I’m in the same boat as you: won a milk tank (ok you paid £5 less), but have no O gauge layout. Bit annoyed, yours looks a better build!

Guest CLARENCE
On 04/02/2019 at 22:43, CLARENCE said:

Just bought this lot for £15  plus £5 P&P.  think its a bit of a bargain for the price. And  I  really needed some small drills and needle files'; I'm pleased. Not arrived yet, but they certainly look good.

s-l1600 (5).jpg

On 04/02/2019 at 22:43, CLARENCE said:

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Has arrived! Even better than I thought, everything is from Expo, and appears to be new. Looking at their  catalogue prices, I reckon I've got around £100 worth for £20! The small drill sets are £11 each, to start with. Well chuffed!

Sorry seem to have put in the photo twice - wasted space.

Edited by CLARENCE
2 photos by accident.