'The Works' my first layout and a foray into P4

johndon

Looking really good John, its given me some ideas as to what can be achieved in a small space and still look real, it reminds me of the sort of work Marc Smith's did on Hendy Lane and to the same stunningly high standard.

Thanks for posting some amazing images.

• 3 months later...

As one or two of you already know, I lost my wife almost four months ago (she was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour in December and given 1-2 years to live but, despite treatment and Wendy putting up the bravest of fights, the tumour turned out to be far more aggressive that anyone thought and she died on 24th April).  

As a result, modelling has been the last thing on my mind for some time now but, a first public appearance for the layout this Sunday has prompted a partial return of the modelling mojo so I've been working on the rear of the layout - all the buildings apart from the unfinished blue one on the left have been glued down as have the walls allowing for some foliage to be added and a fence is in the process of being added in front of the building in the centre:

thumb_IMG_0335_1024_zpsym7qu3sk.jpg

thumb_IMG_0336_1024_zpsqyupttc0.jpg

John

John,

Really sorry to hear about your wife. My thoughts are with you. It seems a bit trivial to talk about your layout, but it really is amazing. Every photo is so realistic. Hopefully a gradual return of modelling mojo will provide a nice distraction.

I hope all goes well on Sunday.

Best wishes

• RMweb Gold

Likewise John, am really sorry to hear the news about your wife.

I hope the first exhibition goes well and I can only echo what Sam says as this layout is very inspirational.

Pete

Hi John, I'd also like to add my sincere condolences.

Your layout is of the highest quality and certainly deserves to be exhibited. Where exactly are you exhibiting the layout?

I've just started planning a new layout and been thinking that it's time for a trip to Tyne Yard to take some reference pics.

I always enjoyed your 'Comings and goings at Tyne Yard' thread, but I guess going there has been far from your mind at this sad time.

Mal

Thanks to you all.

Mal - the layout was due to appear at the BR Blue Forum open day at Durham Trains of Stanley on Sunday but a low turn out may lead to it being cancelled.

As for Tyne Yard, I do still pass it and do have some newer photos on my camera including a Colas 56 but I've mislaid the USB cable so cannot download the pics from the camera :)

Edit - just discovered that the USB cable for the SatNav works with the camera so I'll upload a couple of Tyne Yard pics now...

John

• RMweb Premium

Really sorry to hear about your wife, my sincere condolences.

This layout has been a great inspiration to me as I take my own first steps in P4, so it's good to see your modelling mojo returning, the layout seems to be coming along very nicely indeed.  I hope to get a chance to see it at an exhibition at some point in the future.

• 4 months later...

Archived