The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Heard a story on the radio today about the unregulated use of dermal fillers and potential future problems - however, that obviously isn't the chuckle bit

One organisation mentioned in the article was the  British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, or BAAPS for short. They also deal with breast implants.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

The Jubilee line was part suspended this morning so I thought I would catch a bus over London bridge to Monument.

You know when you wait ages for a bus then loads come a long all at once, well this is what greeted me!

post-1557-0-00987300-1381351247_thumb.jpg

A solid queue of red buses stretching from under the railway line at Borough market right over London bridge to the North side of the Thames and no other vehicle in between the line of them.

It turned out to be much quicker to walk over the bridge.

Ian

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

Pedantly it's The Beatles. Nice sign though, does it get stolen often, I wonder?

If you go to the Abbey Road Studios site you can watch a webcam of grockles crossing the, er, crossing. You have to search, though.

Best, Pete

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1

Spam Emails always make me laugh. Had one come through this morning, looking all official until you read it through.

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity
we have determined that you are eligible to receive
a tax refund under section 501© (3) of the
Internal Revenue Code. Tax refund value is £189.60.
Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 6-9 days
in order to IWP the data received.
If u don't recive your refund within 9 business
days from the original mailing date shown,
you can start a refund trace online.

Yeah, ok then...

Spam Emails always make me laugh. Had one come through this morning, looking all official until you read it through.

"a tax refund under section 501© (3) of the

Internal Revenue Code. Tax refund value is £189.60."

Yeah, ok then...

Funny! I had no idea that HM Revenue and Customs was reusing the IRS 501( c )( 3 )  non-profit designation these days,

Left the hotel room this morning and entered Schindler's Lift...

I too was amused to find one of Schindler's lifts in a Costa del Sol hotel, but the joke was spoiled for me when later I found that someone, rather than simply chuckling and pointing it out to his friends, as 37255 has done, found it necessary to labour the joke and scratch SHINDLERS LIFT on the panel underneath.  ###### moron!   :mad:

• RMweb Gold

Left the hotel room this morning and entered Schindler's Lift...

Saw something similar coming through Miami Airport on Thursday and took a pic, when I pointed it out to my wife she groaned and said "I suppose you'll be putting that on RMWeb"

Beat me to it you b****r.. :good:

I know the medical world is changing all the time but I do wonder at times if we aint being told everything. I have a very small bowel hernia and a letter booking me for a ultra sound scan at St James's next is at the breast clinic department - don't remember having that sex change operation.

This made me smile. News story of the week, as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24523203

woo hoooooo soup dragon rules :derisive:  but sadly be done in full CGI like everything else that's re-launched from the past.

A rude drinks can advert from a few years ago - no offence ment -

still cracks me up they got away with it for awhile on TV he he

post-14408-0-81408400-1381862253_thumb.jpg

hint if you don't get it read the first 4 letters vertically only.

• Like 2

It's not as bad as the revelation that "the Clangers apparently swear like troopers"! And anyway, if you take all five letters it turns it into quite a jolly word that you could imagine someone like Joyce Grenfell or Jimmy Edwards might have used!

• Like 1

woo hoooooo soup dragon rules :derisive:  but sadly be done in full CGI like everything else that's re-launched from the past.

A rude drinks can advert from a few years ago - no offence ment -

still cracks me up they got away with it for awhile on TV he he

hint if you don't get it read the first 4 letters vertically only.

Still got mine (though long since emptied!) Maybe one day it'll be worth a fortune (or the price of a new can of Tango...)

Edited by 37255

Apparently Network Rail are investigating new methods of providing lineside scenery if the material seen here is anything to go by (or maybe it's a new way of baseboard track formation construction they have in mind?).  Anyway such was the size of these pieces of expanded polystyrene they were shifting them with a fork-lift!

(PS I do know what it really is used for, just that seeing it there by the lineside conjured up all sorts of fascinating images in my mind about extending the nearby chalk cutting)

attachicon.gifIMGP0935.jpg

when the former river bridge just passed irlam station was removed and replaced with embankment  it was mainly built up with polystyrene blocks then covered with soil and ballast something to do with the ground being unable to support a conventional embankment