The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, 21C1 said:

Does anyone actually know what they mean by 'bile' 'fever' and 'gallbladder' ?

Probably something to do with the Chinese version of Google translate.:)

I've ordered some products on AliExpress from the "Enthusiastic Girl" store. It makes you wonder what else is being sold there!:scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

Ouch. 

(Apologies for the FB link for those that don't do FB........)

You may to cut n paste this link for the full commentary - which is definitely worth listening to.

"Let us have a moment of silence for this man's fallen brothers.............." 

Edited by newbryford
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, N15class said:

I totally agree as early as possible, 8oclock on 24 December give far more build up than really needed

8pm?

4 hours to nip to the local 24 hour garage/store.

Sorted!

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, N15class said:

I totally agree as early as possible, 8oclock on 24 December give far more build up than really needed

My Mam used to be so organised that she had half of the next years Christmas presents purchased by the end of the sales along with the wrapping paper and cards!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

My Mam used to be so organised that she had half of the next years Christmas presents purchased by the end of the sales along with the wrapping paper and cards!

I have one like that. Along with about 5 years worth of puddings in one year.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

The question is, can it all be found come December?

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

my prezzies from my mum from last Christmas are still at my brothers house as she gave them to him to pass on to me the next time I saw him, unfortunately the next time I saw him was her funeral and my christmas presents were the last thing on our minds 

going to be a strange one this year opening presents from my mum 8 months after she died, hope she never got me that puppy I asked for! 

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

Anyone want to make a quick buck or even a few Euros?  I just received this email - note the sender's name . . .

My Dear Beloved,

I greet you in the name of God almighty the givers of all good things in life that added no sorrow and i hope you and your family are very fine today?  Please kindly pardon me for any inconvenience this letter may cost you because I know it may come to you as a surprise as we have no previous correspondence.  I sent this mail praying for it to reach you in good health, since I myself are in a very critical health condition in which I sleep every night without knowing if I may be alive to see the next day.

I am Mrs Fantasia P Lynn the wife of late Engineer Ralph Alphonso Lynn from United State Of America but based here in Burkina Faso West Africa since eighteen years ago dealing with gold exportation and Sales. We have been married for years before his sudden death although we were childless. I have been diagnosed with Lung and bronchial cancer and I have been battling with the sickness when my late lovely husband of a blessed memory was alive. May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

My late Husband left the sum of  €5.900.000.00 Five Million Nine Hundred Thousand Euros in a fix/suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Burkina Faso. Recently, my Doctor told me that I have few days to live due to the cancer problem. The one that disturbs me most is my blood pressure sickness.

Having known my health condition I decided to seek for your kind assistance to transfer this fund into your account and you will use it to establish an orphanage home in my name. I will give you more details about the project as soon as I receive your reply in my private email (p.fantasia60@yahoo.com) to handle this project because I do not want to state all here until I see your reply, desire and commitment to handle this project.

My Regards to your family.
Mrs Fantasia P Lynn.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Stanley Melrose said:

Anyone want to make a quick buck or even a few Euros?  I just received this email - note the sender's name . . .

My Dear Beloved,

I greet you in the name of God almighty the givers of all good things in life that added no sorrow and i hope you and your family are very fine today?  Please kindly pardon me for any inconvenience this letter may cost you because I know it may come to you as a surprise as we have no previous correspondence.  I sent this mail praying for it to reach you in good health, since I myself are in a very critical health condition in which I sleep every night without knowing if I may be alive to see the next day.

I am Mrs Fantasia P Lynn the wife of late Engineer Ralph Alphonso Lynn from United State Of America but based here in Burkina Faso West Africa since eighteen years ago dealing with gold exportation and Sales. We have been married for years before his sudden death although we were childless. I have been diagnosed with Lung and bronchial cancer and I have been battling with the sickness when my late lovely husband of a blessed memory was alive. May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

My late Husband left the sum of  €5.900.000.00 Five Million Nine Hundred Thousand Euros in a fix/suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Burkina Faso. Recently, my Doctor told me that I have few days to live due to the cancer problem. The one that disturbs me most is my blood pressure sickness.

Having known my health condition I decided to seek for your kind assistance to transfer this fund into your account and you will use it to establish an orphanage home in my name. I will give you more details about the project as soon as I receive your reply in my private email (p.fantasia60@yahoo.com) to handle this project because I do not want to state all here until I see your reply, desire and commitment to handle this project.

My Regards to your family.
Mrs Fantasia P Lynn.

Are religious people (the receiver) particularly susceptible to this type of BS, by misusing 'God's' name?

I wonder what the statistics are.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1