The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

"Super Self-Service" ??,  Errr r, How did/does that work ?. Please.

I believe that may no longer be in business...

I'm guessing that the self-service was so much better than would have been provided otherwise, that you'll think it super?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Although there isn't much smiling going in in the picture I'm so happy with myself to actually do what I did this afternoon, held a spider, been scared of them all my life (well since I was 3, can pin point the moment)

B0A456E5-1181-4F6F-98D5-86A21E7FB1E7.jpg

There is a travelling zoo that visits the holiday camp i DJ at and last week my wife held the tarantula having also been scared of them all her life so I thought well if she can do it then so can I!

Took me a lot of courage to finally do it, held a shed skin first to break me in then braced myself for the real thing which sat on my hand for a couple of minutes

• Like 7

Although there isn't much smiling going in in the picture I'm so happy with myself to actually do what I did this afternoon, held a spider, been scared of them all my life (well since I was 3, can pin point the moment) B0A456E5-1181-4F6F-98D5-86A21E7FB1E7.jpg

There is a travelling zoo that visits the holiday camp i DJ at and last week my wife held the tarantula having also been scared of them all her life so I thought well if she can do it then so can I!

Took me a lot of courage to finally do it, held a shed skin first to break me in then braced myself for the real thing which sat on my hand for a couple of minutes

We get them that size in the kitchen they seem to like the warmth in there.

Although there isn't much smiling going in in the picture I'm so happy with myself to actually do what I did this afternoon, held a spider, been scared of them all my life (well since I was 3, can pin point the moment)

Related to this guy then?   ;)

• RMweb Premium

Something from the "It takes all sorts" thread

A while back whilst doing some shopping I popped into a coffee bar for a drink

Finding a clear table free I parked my shopping and jacket there whilst I got my coffee.

When I returned a young woman was unloading all the rubbish from her table (cups, plates etc.) onto my clean one.

I promptly put it all back on her table and her response was to glare at me, get up from her seat and walk out of the coffee shop!

Some folks are weird.

Keith

• Like 1

Something from the "It takes all sorts" thread

A while back whilst doing some shopping I popped into a coffee bar for a drink

Finding a clear table free I parked my shopping and jacket there whilst I got my coffee.

When I returned a young woman was unloading all the rubbish from her table (cups, plates etc.) onto my clean one.

I promptly put it all back on her table and her response was to glare at me, get up from her seat and walk out of the coffee shop!

Some folks are weird.

Keith

I always find the habit of reserving a table -  usually by parking someone there - and then going to get a drink/food rather annoying. Especially when there are no other free tables and i am left standing by the cash till holding a tray and nowhere to sit. Oddly, the reverse to the British habit of queuing.

• RMweb Premium

I always find the habit of reserving a table -  usually by parking someone there - and then going to get a drink/food rather annoying. Especially when there are no other free tables and i am left standing by the cash till holding a tray and nowhere to sit. Oddly, the reverse to the British habit of queuing.

So what do you do when you have two bags of shopping? Carrying a coffee as well is not an easy task!

Many places actually ask you to find a table and then order - usually for food.

Keith

So what do you do when you have two bags of shopping? Carrying a coffee as well is not an easy task!

Many places actually ask you to find a table and then order - usually for food.

Keith

Keith,

I plan my shopping so that I don't get in that situation (usually by letting the wife do it). On those occasions where I combine the two activities, I/we are not doing heavy weekly shopping anyway.

Yes, some eating places ask you to find a table before ordering, usually the ones with numbered tables. Others give you a table/number marker to take to your table.

It is frustrating to stand with a tray of drink/food and look around to see a no empty tables while number of people sit waiting for their partner or friend - some places behind you at the counter -  to arrive with their refreshments. If the occasional person does it for good reason, then so be it. On the other hand when a quarter or more of the tables in a cafe/restaurant are suffering from the equivalent of bed blocking, then it is just selfish.

Equally annoying is the cafe culture, where buying a coffee entitles some selfish types to long term residency while they run their life/business from a laptop.

Jol

• Like 1