The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

This was in the Seoul Pub today (in Itaewon, S.Korea) which is a ~20 year old establishment (cough cough) catering for the ex-pat community (mainly American service personnel but now with a lot of English teachers). It's a loud, fast, rough first floor den in inequity for the serious drinker away from home.

post-12815-0-55691300-1509799500.jpg

(I must have some latent dyslexia as I completely misread the “SOJU BOMB” sign behind the bar when I first walked in.)

Anyway, 5000 Won is about £3.

I thought I would “test the waters” with 150 Won but by the look on her face, I can only conclude that there is a serious inflation issues with the “attractiveness to donation” scale.

Kev.

• RMweb Gold

An unfair place, then!

I know what your getting at but I chose that word carefully...

It's a strange place, mostly innocuous, but with definite under tones. Still, I recommend it if you are in the vicinity.

(I've visited it virtually every year for the last 20 years!)

Oh, and never ever enter into a drinking game with the proprietor(s). Most entertaining BUT you will lose!

Kev.

Was watching a news report about the state of the cellars under the Houses of Parliament, The presence of inflammable gasses and some very antiquated electrical systems down there makes for an explosive situation.

Jim

Given that the last one burned down because someone got a bit enthusiastically incendiary about disposing of thousands of ancient tally-sticks that were stored under them in bundles, perhaps slightly more recent history will repeat itself :D.

Edited by PatB
  • Like 1

Was watching a news report about the state of the cellars under the Houses of Parliament, The presence of inflammable gasses and some very antiquated electrical systems down there makes for an explosive situation.

Jim

No doubt caused by all in there talking out of their 4rses!

John