The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Pinched from Facebook:

The perils of Very Wrong Punctuation: Version 1 ....

Dear Mother,

In law, there is nothing to make me say thank you, but the quality of your gifts compels me at least to write to tell you how I feel. Thank you so much for the presents! I was expecting nothing more than a token yet, again, you have exceeded even your own incredible standards.

It was a shame you had to stay here for such a short time! I thought I might have coped, but it was unbearable seeing you leave..... The relief was immense when I heard we might see you again soon.

I wanted to end it all by saying goodbye now. I hope I will not have to say it to you again, for a long time.

If you have the opportunity to spend Christmas elsewhere next year, please do not.

Much love,

Matthew

Very perilous wrong punctuation: version 2

Dear Mother-in-Law,

There is nothing to make me say thank you, but the quality of your gifts compels me at least to write to tell you how I feel. Thank you? So much for the presents I was expecting ! Nothing more than a token, yet again! You have exceeded even your own incredible standards.

It was a shame you had to stay here. For such a short time, I thought I might have coped, but it was unbearable. Seeing you leave, the relief was immense.

When I heard we might see you again soon, I wanted to end it all. By saying goodbye now, I hope I will not have to say it to you again for a long time.

If you have the opportunity to spend Christmas elsewhere next year, please do.

Not much love

Matthew

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sadly that's not the list of questions, nor what I had to fill in, when occasionally manning a desk where such calls were received.