Mick, that's brilliant I'm sure Mike will be chuffed, now I need to sit and read it, and also in 6 Months time remember which page it was on.

Thanks

Bodge.

Mike can edit his first post by copying and pasting from the text file just like I did above.

If he needs to add further information he does so in the excel file, then saves it again as the .txt file, edits his first post by deleting the list and then copies and pastes the whole updated list back into his first post.

Mike can edit his first post by copying and pasting from the text file just like I did above.

If he needs to add further information he does so in the excel file, then saves it again as the .txt file, edits his first post by deleting the list and then copies and pastes the whole updated list back into his first post.

Hi Mick,

Well I didn't expect to wake up to that this morning! The index went from gobbledegook to gobsmackingly good overnight! Much appreciated. :locomotive: I will try to practice with the instructions pending further updates, I hope I don't loose the lot in the process. Haha

Hi Mick,

I have managed to save the file as .txt and edited post No.1 to inlcude it. I will try to change it to text when I get back from work, You learn something new very day!

Hi Mick,

Well I didn't expect to wake up to that this morning! The index went from gobbledegook to gobsmackingly good overnight! Much appreciated. :locomotive: I will try to practice with the instructions pending further updates, I hope I don't loose the lot in the process. Haha

You have now got the files uploaded on this website, if you loose them on your computer just download them from here :sungum:

Hi Mick,

I have managed to save the file as .txt and edited post No.1 to inlcude it. I will try to change it to text when I get back from work, You learn something new very day!

I think you only need the RMIndex.txt file on the first post. Double clicking on it opens it up in your browser to view.  Just make it prominant with the words "Double click to open index" next to it.

You do not need to put the xlsx file on the first post.

I think you only need the RMIndex.txt file on the first post. Double clicking on it opens it up in your browser to view.  Just make it prominant with the words "Double click to open index" next to it.

Thanks Mick,

Sorted it out and its brilliant. Thanks again.

Glad you understand it Mike, because Computers and me don't get on and rimindeyfilethingie makes no sense at all to me, hahah

Well done again Mick.

Bodge

Glad you understand it Mike, because Computers and me don't get on and rimindeyfilethingie makes no sense at all to me, hahah

Well done again Mick.

Bodge

Hi Andy,

Well looking at your 'Bitton' thread with over 1300 posts on page 53! YOU had better get in the understanding mode with the 'rimindelyfilethingie' yourself my boy! 

Hi Andy,

Well looking at your 'Bitton' thread with over 1300 posts on page 53! YOU had better get in the understanding mode with the 'rimindelyfilethingie' yourself my boy! 

Naaa I'll just ask Jeff where it is, he'll remember,

I HOPE :O

Bodge

Are we due any more pics Mike, I need some Steam in my step to keep me going, how about the Black 5 on the coals?

Bodge.

Oh Bodgit you are a one! Now listen carefully, this is not a radio show, we don't do requests, do you realise the trouble it is to rearrange the loco roster just to put a Black 5 on the coals?, then there is ensuring the driver and fireman are passed to work that class of loco, there is even a chance of the loco failing trying to surmount Ais Gill with a load calculated for a Class 9! I mean, have you given this any thought at all?

Now I have your attention.....look back in about 9pm!  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 6

Hi all,

A little midweek light relief...

post-5296-0-31280400-1411501170.jpg

Std 4. 2-6-0 76079 heads a Carlisle-Stourton Fitted Freight through Dent station

post-5296-0-48019600-1411501218.jpg

76079 trundles over the viaduct

post-5296-0-48019600-1411501218.jpg

The Mogul entering 'Widdale' Tunnel

post-5296-0-38528400-1411501257.jpg

Stanier 8F 48154 rumbles through Dentdale with northbound cattle empties

post-5296-0-74454100-1411501281.jpg

Viewed from the rear

post-5296-0-12402500-1411501295.jpg

Another Stanier masterpiece, Class 5 44666 is performing well on a heavy laden coal train having taken over from a failed 9F!

post-5296-0-03679300-1411501320.jpg

The coal train is seen from behind where in the distance the cattle train is closing up

More in a minute...

post-5296-0-11571000-1411501192.jpg

• Like 17

Back again.... Don't ask me why the Mogul picture dropped down!

post-5296-0-74302000-1411501869.jpg

The Black 5 and 8F pass close to the site of the signalbox (yet to be added) in platform end shot, trainspotter style!

post-5296-0-41810600-1411501891.jpg

Trespass shot!

post-5296-0-06950700-1411501920.jpg

From soon to be signalbox window.

post-5296-0-62503500-1411501953.jpg

Raising the echo's through Dentdale

post-5296-0-43612600-1411501979.jpg

Driver of the Black 5 can take it easy as its all downhill from here.

post-5296-0-74011900-1411501999.jpg

44666 heads into 'Widdale' Tunnel

post-5296-0-17432300-1411502021.jpg

48154 heads for Rise Hill Tunnel

Seriously guys this will probably be the last for a week or so, I have a funeral tomorrow and I will be going to Halifax show on Friday with my mate Allan's layout 'Melwood' but I'll be back!

• Like 17

Mike,

Can't really add much to what all your admirers above have said already other than the fact that you have an uncanny knack of bringing memories flooding back to me - you probably know that we had several Std 4s at Hurlford. Tremendous workhorses by all accounts. Simply can't beat the Stanier designs though!

Good luck with the funeral, never pleasant, and have a safe journey to Halifax- hope the show goes well for Allan and you.

Kind regards,

Jock.

More excellent photos

Someone's had a bit of an accident in that last pic though!

Its the Station Master doing an oil change or a bit of welding, I should know I had one of those 'Dagenham Dustbins'.

'Must try harder' as most of my teachers would write on my reports!  :jester:

Great great great pics mate, they really are the dogs, love all the freight moves.

Thanks mate really do appreciate the effort you have put into the pics.

Bodge

Cheers Andy (can I get back to some modelling now?) Haha

• Like 1