Mike

Keep posting the photos, they're stunning. You never know, it might even get Jeff to start on KL2 even sooner.

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Jeff is having problems getting out of his muddy boots I think! Can't wait for KL2 it should take some pressure off me. Hahaha

Mike,

Can't really add much to what all your admirers above have said already other than the fact that you have an uncanny knack of bringing memories flooding back to me - you probably know that we had several Std 4s at Hurlford. Tremendous workhorses by all accounts. Simply can't beat the Stanier designs though!

Good luck with the funeral, never pleasant, and have a safe journey to Halifax- hope the show goes well for Allan and you.

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi Jock

Happy to be of service. I really liked the Std 4. loco's and 76114 was my all time favourite because I had a couple of cab rides on it at Corkerhill MPD. I well remember trying to build the Airfix kit when I was about 12 years old armed with nothing more than a tube of polystyrene glue, it looked okay but the wheels were forever stuck!

To jog your memory yet again the Std. 4s allocated at various times to Hurlford were: 76021/24/91/92/94/102/108.

• Like 1

Hi all,

A little midweek light relief...

attachicon.gif2027-09-10 19.37.44.jpg

Viewed from the rear

I'm not a great one for 'O wow!' comments but on this occasion 'O wow!'(!)

That is one great set of pictures - my favourite is the 8F on the cattle train 'Viewed from the rear'. That gives a superb aspect on your model recreation and what a view it is. Having been to the real Dent (and many other locations on the S&C over the years) you've really captured the railway in its setting (the dilapidated snow fences are brilliantly done). :ok:  It brings to mind any number of classic pictures of the route where the photographer has gone for a more general railway scene rather than a classic 'three-quarters' shot of the loco.

Keep 'em coming :good:

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 1

Hi Duncan,

Jeff is having problems getting out of his muddy boots I think! Can't wait for KL2 it should take some pressure off me. Hahaha

Morning Mike, I think Jeff has a new passion, and its now going to be a job to drag him away from the garden and back into the garage, (I wont call it a Bunker, because its NOT YET). hahahah

As for taking pressure of of you, NO CHANCE, you know what its like waking into an empty shed with just piles of sawdust and insulation, around you. You / well I need inspiration and a goal for the the next stage, that ORRIBLE WOODWORK and then that other next stage starting the actual layout. So pics of Dent, whether it be steam or Blue Diesels just get me itching to get past to the next stage and get trains running on Bitton, (very good layout one day I hope, and can be seen in the LAYOUTS SECTION).

So please Mike, the more the merrier for me.

Bodge.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Great set of pictures Mike, and I like the individual sentences of commentary that go with them. I'm a sucker for a bit of a story to the pictures. I also like the way that on many of them you've got a nice wide view that really displays the spectacular scenery around Dent that you've managed to portray so magically. Always one of my favourite threads to admire the pictures on!

You noted that one photo had "dropped down". It took me ages to work out why that happened on my thread. But eventually it clicked! Any picture that is attached, but not included in the main post is appended as an "attached thumbnail". This is what happened to your "Mogul entering 'Widdale' Tunnel" picture as in the post you've accidentally included the "76079 trundles over the viaduct" picture twice... so the attached Mogul picture is just included at the bottom.

Kind regards, Neil

Hi all,

Thanks to all for the above comments, just quickly summarising before I leave for the funeral.

LNER: I also got tired of the 3/4 front viewpoint and always attempt something a little different.

Andy: So much for hoping for some relief!

Neil: Thanks for the photo info, I'll try to be more careful. As for the scenery I can't wait for the rest of the static grass and other sundry details to be added myself.

Keep looking in guys, but no more really till next week due to commitments.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Due to having a little bit of time this morning something I hasten to add is very rare I made the mistake of getting my 'other' wallet out again. On order from York Modelmaking is the Signalbox kit (suitably altered for Dent) and the windows/doors for the Bothy. I have also bulk ordered a skip full of Static grass! why oh' why didn't I model the Channel Tunnel?

• Like 3

Hi all,

Due to having a little bit of time this morning something I hasten to add is very rare I made the mistake of getting my 'other' wallet out again. On order from York Modelmaking is the Signalbox kit (suitably altered for Dent) and the windows/doors for the Bothy. I have also bulk ordered a skip full of Static grass! why oh' why didn't I model the Channel Tunnel?

Because you'd have had to order an AWFUL LOT OF WATER, hahhahhahha

Bodge. (who else?)

• RMweb Premium

Good to meet up again today Mike, even if you had forgotten me in the two weeks since we last met :D

I am now looking forward to see you put our novel and speedy stock weathering idea into practice :D

Hi all,

Guess who's back!

Too cream crackered when I got back last night and work today got in the way as usual.

Andy, I'm touched by your concern mate, even the wife wasn't that bothered! The dogs missed me though!

Jason.....yes Jason.....If I repeat it often enough hopefully it should sink in, I'm blaming you for sneaking up commando style and catching me unaware! In truth its the little grey cells or the lack of them me thinks!

Came back to a couple of nice deliveries: The York Modelmaking Signalbox kit and a replacement motor for my WD direct from Bachmann, and in today's post my bulk purchase of Static Grass arrived so it looks like I'm going to be busy!!!

I trust everyone is okay but I doubt I'll have the time to trawl through the topics I have missed during my few days in West Yorkshire.

I enjoyed exhibiting and having a look round the Halifax show but it does take it out of you, at least they had a decent trade support selling BITS rather than just BOXES, one of my favourite shows on the calendar. Allan's "Melwood" layout got invites to: Hazel Grove, Pontefract, Stafford and Huddersfield but its his decision which to attend.

Jason, see I remembered! I do have a test circle so maybe, just maybe!

Out to the den now to see if I can remember what I was doing or going to do....

• Like 4

Hi all,

Not much to report, its been a strange start to the week somehow.

I've fitted the new motor to the WD which involves filing inside the boiler casing because the new motor is longer! Why? But the new cradle seems to be wrong so I have contacted Bachmann for advise.

Tonight I applied some more static grass to the rear of board 'B' behind the 'Up' platform, will post some pic's once the section is complete.

Its good to be back!

• Like 4

Hi all,

Just had a proper look at the York Modelmaking Signalbox kit and all I can say is H E L P!!!! No seriously it looks the business...

post-5296-0-98419100-1412197032.jpg

This shows all the layers of 'Rowmark' (a better quality of plasticard apparently) laser cut to order.

post-5296-0-40045800-1412197051.jpg

This shows one small error in that the door has six window instead of four, I have just e-mailed York' about this.

post-5296-0-85457000-1412197077.jpg

This shows the: Instructions, MDF laser cut sub-structure and self adhesive roofing slates.

I'll have it done by Christmas (2015) hahaha

Andy

I'm jumping about a bit this week so pictures will probably be at the weekend mate.

post-5296-0-84765400-1412197060.jpg

• Like 6

Morning Mike, don't worry about the pics now you have that headache to construct, hhahahha.

Cheers mate. Your'e not soft are you, it does look a little daunting. I think I'll paint it first. Pic's of the build will follow in due course.

• Like 2