RMweb

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium

I'm an infrequent visitor to this topic but thought you might like to see the branch goods coasting downhill over the cliffs; the crew are taking a bit of a breather with the hard work all done and the end of the shift in sight.

DSC02973.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Sorry to disappoint you mate, but that orange livery is way off. It should be more like Fanta. And I don't know what it is, but there's something about the curve of those wings that just isn't right. ;)

Blast! Rumbled. The Martians are actually a tad underscale for N Gauge, being 1:144 but i thought I had gotten away with it!biggrin.gif

It's actually an excellent (if expensive) kit from Pegasus Hobbies, consisting of 2 War Machines, 2 Sherman Tanks and a diorama base. OO Modellers should be aware that Pegasus also do the War Machine in 1:72 as well.

I'm quite pleased with this photo. Although I admit I did tweak the contrast in Photoshop, so I could get the "vintage" look. I don't know if that counts as cheating in this topic :unsure:

There are a couple more similar photos of Lion in my layout thread (see link below).

post-4688-0-00903400-1301153021_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Blast! Rumbled. The Martians are actually a tad underscale for N Gauge, being 1:144 but i thought I had gotten away with it!biggrin.gif

It's actually an excellent (if expensive) kit from Pegasus Hobbies, consisting of 2 War Machines, 2 Sherman Tanks and a diorama base. OO Modellers should be aware that Pegasus also do the War Machine in 1:72 as well.

The larger Pegasus WOTW models are 1/48 not 1/72. sad.gif

So the 4mm community is safe from an attack from Mars for the time being.

Of course those 4mm scale alien queens can be a nuisance, talk about getting run off the shed when you are trying to do a bit of train spotting... ohmy.gif

post-41-0-41682100-1301246688_thumb.jpg

Cheat: Photoshopped moon...

• Like 8

The larger Pegasus WOTW models are 1/48 not 1/72. sad.gif

So the 4mm community is safe from an attack from Mars for the time being.

Of course those 4mm scale alien queens can be a nuisance, talk about getting run off the shed when you are trying to do a bit of train spotting... ohmy.gif

post-41-0-41682100-1301246688_thumb.jpg

Cheat: Photoshopped moon...

Mate thats Class, love it, And the Moon, we just need a T-Rex version now...

Great photo dude...

Jamie

Cheatsville Central!

post-6878-0-12392600-1301506801_thumb.jpg

Cheat 1: Add smoke. Cheat 2: Add slight motion blur to the wheels and track only.

Result: a modern digital image of an old loco. There's something not quite working as far as I'm concerned,

so…

Cheat 3: Add slight red tint to image. Cheat 4: Add grain. Cheat 5: Soften image.

Now it looks a little more like '60s loco shot on grainy '60s film and somehow a it's bit more convincing.

Much easier to tell the difference when viewed full size.

post-6878-0-67558900-1301506841_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

wonderful... I was only looking at the ModelRail article covering this this morning. Pure coincidence; great to see it here!

Edited by Mod4
needless full requote of previous post removed
  • Like 1