A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

The cat is still there whether you own it or not.

Perhaps you have a wormhole in the baseboard?

Must look for MRJ was expecting it out yet.

Don

Time Lords will have read it already; see Kenton's comments on this Edition.

P

• RMweb Premium

The cat is still there whether you own it or not.

Perhaps you have a wormhole in the baseboard?

Must look for MRJ was expecting it out yet.

Don

I'd be more worried about the wormhole in the baseboard than the cat that may(or may not) be there. Don't you think it needs treating before you have a major infestation?

Neil

Sorry to post again but I am now worried that ANTB is actually an alternative dimension layout and only exists when I'm drunk.

P

Have a look at one of the features in next week's radio times, it may have a calming influence, then again, it may not!

• RMweb Premium

I've not built a lot of the Cambrian kits, what's the problem with them?

Cheers

Some of them are a right pain, particularly the hopper wagons. Also a lot of the opens I have built, it was necessary to make new floors as they were deficient in one direction or the other.

I have built the Dogfish, Seacow, Sealion and Walrus. To fit some of the bits you require very good eyesight, dexterity and a steady hand.

I have found clairvoyance is a handy modelling skill to have when assembling some Cambrian kits using just the instructions provided.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Premium

I have built the Dogfish, Seacow, Sealion and Walrus. To fit some of the bits you require very good eyesight, dexterity and a steady hand.

And a large brandy.

To be fair I found the SR 40t hoppers to be some of the better kits.

• RMweb Gold

Chaps, this ballast discussion has my interest. Given that the DNS was under WR control until 1953 then SR until closure, what options do I have for a good short engineers ballast train?

Shouldn't that be asked in prototype questions not a rhino thread Colin.I'd be interested if three to five hoppers and a toad might suffice for my needs.

• RMweb Premium

Shouldn't that be asked in prototype questions not a rhino thread Colin.I'd be interested if three to five hoppers and a toad might suffice for my needs.

Not sure what triple disharge ballast hoppers the GW had, as I don't have my copy of GW wagon books to hand. I think that Frogmore Confederacy might do a plough toad, I know that Jidenco did one.

• RMweb Gold

Chaps, this ballast discussion has my interest. Given that the DNS was under WR control until 1953 then SR until closure, what options do I have for a good short engineers ballast train?

One loco, one wagon.

Is that short enough ?

• RMweb Gold

I don't know Clair, is she a skilled modeller?

Very good with crystal balls apparently. ..

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some one mention a short engineer.......?

post-14122-0-14904000-1421436673.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 4