A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Actually, do you think we are being too balsa blase in our postings?

Here I wish to announce that 4088 was shedded at Swindon in 1962. Those close to me will understand what that is all about........... well maybe.

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Actually, do you think we are being too balsa blase in our postings?

Here I wish to announce that 4088 was shedded at Swindon in 1962. Those close to me will understand what that is all about........... well maybe.

P

Ducky, how long have you been a walrus and eggman?

• RMweb Gold

Being an old softy (not that Mr Softee) I actually feel sorry for Portsmouth. The playoffs are like a lifeline that has been snatched away at the final moment if you lose.

I am well impressed with many of the Pompey fans who have wished the Greens well (but we know they will laugh like #### if Argyle stumble at Wemberlee).

I'm going to have to have therapy/hypnosis or some other treatment to make me not interested in footy.

Today I have built two Parkside kits as a sort of Therapy.

Having seen Robs last pics I am seriously considering finding one of those Ratio SR Bogie Vans and build it. Lots of lovely clunky wooden bits sticking out all over the place.Ummmmm!

Ar$e

www.plymouthherald.co.uk/tickets-Plymouth-Argyle-Wembley-League-play-final/story-29277689-detail/story.html

Edited by colin penfold

• RMweb Premium

Being an old softy (not that Mr Softee) I actually feel sorry for Portsmouth. The playoffs are like a lifeline that has been snatched away at the final moment if you lose.

I am well impressed with many of the Pompey fans who have wished the Greens well (but we know they will laugh like #### if Argyle stumble at Wemberlee). 

I'm going to have to have therapy/hypnosis or some other treatment to make me not interested in footy.

Today I have built two Parkside kits as a sort of Therapy. 

Having seen Robs last pics I am seriously considering finding one of those Ratio SR Bogie Vans and build it. Lots of lovely clunky wooden bits sticking out all over the place.Ummmmm!

Ar$e

Being a former resident of Brighton (Hove actually) I never feel sorry for Portsmouth...

• Like 1

Bu$$er it lads, we've been caught enjoying ourselves again - leg it quick!

Nice to hear from you Ashers, and good to know you're not just an early bird!

Thanks, Colin! When we're in separate countries, RMweb helps me to monitor Ian's activities....!

• RMweb Premium

Being a former resident of Brighton (Hove actually) I never feel sorry for Portsmouth...

Understood, however I now feel sorry for Brighton; 15 points ahead of Wednesday. Playoffs are in need of revision IMO or some better way needs to be developed of promoting clubs. 4 up/down maybe That would shake things up.

I stopped going to B H A when they left the Goldstone.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Quite stellar, that sketch. The willingness of great people to humiliate themselves is very endearing. The Muppet Show had the same draw to performers of all sorts.

A few years before this broadcast, Andre Previn and then-wife Mia Farrow had purchased a BR brakevan as a Xmas present for their bambini. It was shipped by road from Redhill Goods to their home in Leigh, Surrey, just before Xmas 1968, I think. My Control days.

Then there was the pic in the local paper of the couple just emerging from a restaurant in my/our native Dorking - called Little Dudley House!

• Like 4

and an M7... ;)

Oh! I do Leica good camera, especially when Rob produces shots like those above

post-20303-0-75709500-1463494940.jpeg

Yours

Mr.P.O.Laroid

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

For me, your best set of images for a while - everything in the right livery, and what's better than a Grange and a small Prairie?

Cheers, 

CoY

I must be doing something right then as I've took over 8000 images.

• Like 1

Indeed Mr Loadsamoney - do you suffer from parallax, old bean?

Mamiya used to but I've focused my attention on Lens mate at the end of Brent platform !

• Like 1