A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Due in June/July and at £36.95 RRP for the privilege of owning three. 

Cheers, 

CoY

That livery I think would be incorrect for post war GWR and as Bob has said the tarps are very toy like.

Here's the one at Didcot.

post-126-0-20338900-1463672722.jpeg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Great suggestion only I don't have any wagons.

After a rummage in an old stock box that's actually not true.I have two.Does that count as a rake...

• RMweb Premium

Cheers,

CoY

I've just had a good look at the Bachmann clays compared against the GWR Goods Wagon book and IMO there are a poor representation.

I've just dug out the Parkside part builds and they are much closer to the prototype, with much finer undergubbins. (Three in various stages of completion plus one mint in packet!)

post-6675-0-72419800-1463677651_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-53537900-1463677677_thumb.jpg

The wagons did feel tiny and delicate compared to what I'm now working with. (Although I note that I fell for the wrong brake lever for BR period gag again)

post-6675-0-08003500-1463677752_thumb.jpg

Little and large:

post-6675-0-56653900-1463677785_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I read somewhere that a 42xx could take 30 (loaded) odd up Hemeredon un-assisted. No doudt The Station Master will confirm the exact load and whether or not it would be different fo a 72xx.

Sounds about right but I'm not going digging out the book at this time of night thank you ;)  -ah, actually I have the info tucked away on the 'puting engine so you're in luck.

Both classes were in Power Group E so allowed the same loads - the maximum number of wagons allowed (effectively the Length Limit for the section) was 54 and the permitted Loads were 20 of Class 1 traffic, or 24 of Class 2 traffic, or 30 of Class 3 traffic, or 40 of Class 4 traffic (which I think was empties?).

Translating that into something more easily understood -

Class 1 traffic was coal, coke or patent fuel,

Class 2 traffic was 'other minerals'

Class 3 traffic was general merchandise

However it also depended on the size of the wagon thus 5 loaded 12 or 13 ton wagons were equal to 6 for load calculation purposes while 2 x loaded 15 or 16 ton wagons were equal to 3 for load calculation and 2 x 40 ton wagons were equal to 7 plus various other permutations

Oh dear those tarps look like flattened tea cosy's.  :nono:

But they're all the same number! A ludicrous price! 

Axle boxes look different too. Don't like the tarps.

Six would be better...

Ah, you've noticed the  special GWR measure to confuse subsequent generations of railway modellers ;)

Despite the tea cozies and the identical numbers, I have a set on order (and they've been on order for a while now). I had hoped that in production there would be different numbers.

As for the list price, at £12.32 each, they're cheaper than the 7 plank wagon at £14.95.

Edited by Ozexpatriate