A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

You'll have no problems there Phil, get a ticket and have a great day out.

20 years ago I would have walked there if necessary. Now I really can't take it Cap'n. It's bad enough listening on the radio thingy.

Suppose I could find a pub that might show it and then I could get drunk and miss the goal that takes them up.

P

• RMweb Premium

No wonder you won that. Argyle didn't have a team. How come you only scored 1, or did you do that after 3 seconds and then sat down for 89 minutes and 57 seconds?  :pardon:

I probably was at this game, but only just!

I am told that I was born just before kick off on a Saturday in the next 'season' and that mother was not amused at having to be in hostible instead of Home Park. I think we lost that match as well.  :sarcastichand: I shall check on some web site.

I'm daft as I thought Acridtin Stoneleigh had already qualified, however I see they are 1 - 0 down to the Wombles. I think I'd prefer the Wombles as they will tidy up after they have been beaten. :secret:

Ar$e

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Yup, we lost 0 - 2 to Sheffield Wednesday.............................

http://www.footipedia.com/Plymouth-Argyle/1947-1948-season-stats/all-games#.VzmUajUrJdg

Falmin' 'eck Rob. Look at all those footy specials you can run for 47. The Newcastle one for example and maybe Leeds & Donny; you will need Gresleys and LMS stock.

Ar$e

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

There's about 718 pages on this thread of which 700 just seem to be a general chat board............

Great layout but most of us are not interested in stuff that could be done in an email, telephone or a PM.

Now I will duck for cover as the next 5 pages assault me...........

• RMweb Premium

There's about 718 pages on this thread of which 700 just seem to be a general chat board............

Great layout but most of us are not interested in stuff that could be done in an email, telephone or a PM.

You don't have to read it matey.

P (one of those that spoil this thread all the time with unnecessary banter).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This Hall class train is another favourite and is an inter regional parcels with both GWR and SR vans.

4-6-0 and NPCCS.   Nirvana.

Continues to inspire, and long may it do so.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

4-6-0 and NPCCS. Nirvana.

Continues to inspire, and long may it do so.

Absolutely, long live rock be it it dead or alive.

post-126-0-05408200-1463415288_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-84992400-1463414992.jpg

post-126-0-77192200-1463415025_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-73246400-1463415096_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 19

I think it is about 21 years since the barmaid (Chloe, 21 and must have been nudging 6' tall) in our local - The Windmill in Cranbrook, Kent - christened me The King of Smut. It is an accolade I have been happy to bear into my dotage.

I can confirm the veracity of the final sentence.

• Like 2

Bless you young man.

Once upon a time I too was foolish enough to think ANTB was about a GWR layout set in 1947 ... thankfully it's far more entertaining than just that.

Play Up Pompey!, oh, sorry they lost (as expected).

Must get back to those green coaches, Set 146 this time around.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Bless you young man.

Once upon a time I too was foolish enough to think ANTB was about a GWR layout set in 1947 ... thankfully it's far more entertaining than just that.

Play Up Pompey!, oh, sorry they lost (as expected).

Must get back to those green coaches, Set 146 this time around.

Being an old softy (not that Mr Softee) I actually feel sorry for Portsmouth. The playoffs are like a lifeline that has been snatched away at the final moment if you lose.

I am well impressed with many of the Pompey fans who have wished the Greens well (but we know they will laugh like #### if Argyle stumble at Wemberlee). 

I'm going to have to have therapy/hypnosis or some other treatment to make me not interested in footy.

Today I have built two Parkside kits as a sort of Therapy. 

Having seen Robs last pics I am seriously considering finding one of those Ratio SR Bogie Vans and build it. Lots of lovely clunky wooden bits sticking out all over the place.Ummmmm!

Ar$e

How refreshingly nice to have a Devonshire lass reading my/our thread.

In other news......

post-20303-0-69570100-1463420396.jpeg

Judi, Judi, Judi...... another Devon Maid :)

• Like 2

Sorry but I'm not available for off topic replies this evening as I am attending a once in a lifetime party for over 100,000 up to 150,000 people in Leicester city centre.......Oh damn .....

Edit for underestimated crowd.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Bu$$er it lads, we've been caught enjoying ourselves again - leg it quick!

I can confirm the veracity of the final sentence.

Nice to hear from you Ashers, and good to know you're not just an early bird!

• RMweb Gold

How refreshingly nice to have a Devonshire lass reading my/our thread.

It's worse than that. Sherry was born in Wiltshire, formative years in Surrey - where we kinda met at skool - and most of her adult life in Staffs. At least we got married in Torquay! Her first wedding was in Michigan, but to a Brit.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

There's about 718 pages on this thread of which 700 just seem to be a general chat board............Great layout but most of us are not interested in stuff that could be done in an email, telephone or a PM.Now I will duck for cover as the next 5 pages assault me...........

post-14122-0-47791400-1463422425.jpeg