A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Are you sure? The photo has a brake third nearest camera from set 239. Next to it is another brake....

Hang on, I'll give Adrian Swain a call to find out for sure - not doubting you for one minute Spams but Adrian will be able to give a true unbiased opinion about the situation...

No the green coach at the weekend means that Bus Replacement Service is on...........

This has always vexed me.  Shouldn't it be a train replacement service.  A bus replacement service would be a train....

and whilst I'm feeling vexed - Brexit?  Why, when there is no Brentrance?  Shouldn't it be Brin or Brout?

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

If Spams were an LNER (oh, I am so sorry) modeller, then on another thread he would have already told me to f*** off as I am also being an ar$e on that thread as well. However, he isn't and so I am safe (I think).

Philth.

• RMweb Premium

This has always vexed me.  Shouldn't it be a train replacement service.  A bus replacement service would be a train....

and whilst I'm feeling vexed - Brexit?  Why, when there is no Brentrance?  Shouldn't it be Brin or Brout?

Hang on, I'll have (another) G&T and get back to you on that one...

(for England & St. George - obviously).

• RMweb Premium

And did he agree that she has, especially for her age?

I nearly went down that path but decided that discretion was the better part of valour.

You're a braver man than I am, Gunga Din.

• RMweb Gold

Hang on, I'll give Adrian Swain a call to find out for sure - not doubting you for one minute Spams but Adrian will be able to give a true unbiased opinion about the situation...

post-14122-0-74692300-1463294989.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

Actually round here they call it a rail replacement service. Wouldn't trust a bus company to sort out replacing the rails. They certainly can't run train services.

Talking of a rail replacement service, I was wondering if we might see an engineers train in possession at Brent.......?

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Are you sure? The photo has a brake third nearest camera from set 239. Next to it is another brake....

That's the order the management gave me.

• RMweb Gold

I'm with Spams. Set 239 was originally 2802, 5688, 5689 and 2803. In the early/mid 40s 5689 was removed - initially to become a loose vehicle, then remarshalled into Set 236 - so the set was then a three-car. The BCK being at the front is fine, but the brakes should be either side of 5688. The Southern was very fussy about vehicles in sets, hence the set numbers on the outer ends of the brakes. 

As it happens, 2803, the vehicle nearest the camera, was damaged by enemy action at Hastings, but was rebuilt. 

• RMweb Gold

I nearly went down that path but decided that discretion was the better part of valour.

You're a braver man than I am, Gunga Din.

I think it is about 21 years since the barmaid (Chloe, 21 and must have been nudging 6' tall) in our local - The Windmill in Cranbrook, Kent - christened me The King of Smut. It is an accolade I have been happy to bear into my dotage. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

One first thing this morning for fans of telegraph poles.

attachicon.gifDSCN8287.jpg

Lot to be said for a well maintained, upright Pole.

• RMweb Gold

I'm with Spams. Set 239 was originally 2802, 5688, 5689 and 2803. In the early/mid 40s 5689 was removed - initially to become a loose vehicle, then remarshalled into Set 236 - so the set was then a three-car. The BCK being at the front is fine, but the brakes should be either side of 5688. The Southern was very fussy about vehicles in sets, hence the set numbers on the outer ends of the brakes. 

As it happens, 2803, the vehicle nearest the camera, was damaged by enemy action at Hastings, but was rebuilt.

Rearrange this well known saying.Zone out comfort of.I have a three coach set with an added brake composite (6588)

The order I run is 6588 2802 5688 2803.

I must have misread the numbers yesterday. I will retake some more shots.

• RMweb Gold

Rearrange this well known saying.Zone out comfort of.I have a three coach set with an added brake composite (6588)

The order I run is 6588 2802 5688 2803.

I must have misread the numbers yesterday. I will retake some more shots.

I wouldn't worry too much Rob - they're just 'green coaches' as far as I'm concerned.

(should I think of moving to Retford after making comments like that?)

• Like 2