A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

That's right now Rob. The brake thirds should sandwich the composite, with the brake parts on the outer ends of the three coach set. The brake composite can go either end but generally the brake end is the outermost of the formation (front or back). That's as per your list but in the initial photo the order appeared to be mixed up. I think the intention was there but a brake third got mixed up with a brake composite.

I know all southern green coaches look the same to some and it's deeply unpopular in some other quarters pointing stuff like this out, but it jars with me as much as a Fowler tender behind a Castle would to GWR fans. ;-p

Anyway it's all happy now, those that think detail unimportant can continue thinking so, and those that are bothered can sleep well knowing all is right once more! Me, I'm going to have a large glass of vin rouge.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I wouldn't worry too much Rob - they're just 'green coaches' as far as I'm concerned.

(should I think of moving to Retford after making comments like that?)

Mike, I think that qualifies you to start ranting about Thompson Pacific's - you know, the ones with the motion in the wrong place....

Well all those Portsmouth fans have got to get to Home Park today somehow....

attachicon.gifDSCN8297.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8298.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8299.jpg

Excellent photography young man!

However, I'm sure you'll need more than four coaches for all the Pompey fans going to Plymouth this afternoon. A procession of 'green stock' heading west hauled by those Bulleid pacifics I expect; setting the south Devon banks alight no doubt (quite literally!)

• Like 1

Didn't the Southern Railway use Kadee's on the real things?

Yes they did and the Eastern Railway and those Pullman chappies too. It must have taken some fiddling about to get them into the full size NEM pockets though, the Shunters must have had biceps the size of Bournemouth! (to quote Mr Slack-Bladder)

Excellent photography young man!

However, I'm sure you'll need more than four coaches for all the Pompey fans going to Plymouth this afternoon. A procession of 'green stock' heading west hauled by those Bulleid pacifics I expect; setting the south Devon banks alight no doubt (quite literally!)

Don't worry, all the tears they're crying on the way home will put any fires out! :-)

• RMweb Gold

Talking of Kadee's and I've trial fitted one to my Dapol milk tanker here.

post-126-0-37349400-1463327326_thumb.jpg

There are links between tankers with added pipes from Dave Franks.One of my favourite trains.

post-126-0-87655900-1463327418_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-07688300-1463327455_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

I hope you don't mind , Rob.

A bit of tweaking to what must be one of your nicest images of Brent.

post-14122-0-32825300-1463329409.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Mike, I think that qualifies you to start ranting about Thompson Pacific's - you know, the ones with the motion in the wrong place....

Chris - you really shouldn't go round mentioning that bloke's name among decent folk who like the GWR and the Southern.  Especially as the mechanical engineers of those two companies not only actually designed engines which didn't start to fall apart under normal everyday working conditions but also designed them so the various component parts could be properly bolted together in the first place.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Chris - you really shouldn't go round mentioning that bloke's name among decent folk who like the GWR and the Southern.  Especially as the mechanical engineers of those two companies not only actually designed engines which didn't start to fall apart under normal everyday working conditions but also designed them so the various component parts could be properly bolted together in the first place.

Mike, have sent you a tin hat and flak jacket in the post...

Well, having watched the first half (or tried to watch it, on the awful live stream I've got here!), I have to say the Pompey fans are more likely to be wetting themselves laughing on the way home.

• RMweb Premium

Well, having watched the first half (or tried to watch it, on the awful live stream I've got here!), I have to say the Pompey fans are more likely to be wetting themselves laughing on the way home.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Yeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

I am having a cardiac arrest right this minute.

Philth and Ar$e

• RMweb Gold

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Yeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

I am having a cardiac arrest right this minute.

Philth and Ar$e

You could be playing the Sky Blues next season Phil.Now who would have my late father wanted to win there...

• RMweb Premium

You could be playing the Sky Blues next season Phil.Now who would have my late father wanted to win there...

.............................and mine. I want to be positive but Accro are better than the greens sadly. If we do have to play your lot do you fancy going?

P

• Like 1

.............................and mine. I want to be positive but Accro are better than the greens sadly.

P

Have more confidence:

Well we had the milk tank wagons earlier on

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Premium

You know that stupid chant about going home in a ****** ambulance? If I go to wemberlee on May 30th that's what will happen so I'll remain here and annoy you lot whilst SWMBO is on holiday. yea.

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

post-2326-0-65123100-1463341362.jpg

Sorry chaps, couldn't resist. He is a spotter though so it's OK

Oh I had not realised that it could be AFC Wimblebum or Accridton Stonely. I thought the latter were already through.

There is hope then.

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

You know that stupid chant about going home in a ****** ambulance? If I go to wemberlee on May 30th that's what will happen so I'll remain here and annoy you lot whilst SWMBO is on holiday. yea.

P

You'll have no problems there Phil, get a ticket and have a great day out.