A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately there is no button for GULP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or What the -----------------.

This gorgeous Andy Y shot might be more to your taste then Alan.

post-126-0-30270300-1466406813_thumb.jpeg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

I'm concerned that Tesco are now selling broccoli with huge, fat stalks still attached, so one pays for the bit that you don't actually eat. Is this some Cornish conspiracy to get more of the stuff in box vans up to England?

• RMweb Gold

But Tescos sell lots of things that you can't actually eat...

(And yes, I do mean in the food section!)

Edited by ian

• RMweb Premium

I'm concerned that Tesco are now selling broccoli with huge, fat stalks still attached, so one pays for the bit that you don't actually eat. Is this some Cornish conspiracy to get more of the stuff in box vans up to England?

snap that bit off, I do...

T. Wodd

The Cornish "broccoli" that used to be sent in large quantities from Penzance was actually cauliflower I believe.  Although I've lived in Cornwall for many years I don't know what the Cornish name is for broccoli.

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Chop those bits orf, also keep the big cover bits to that there cauli, save yer leek tops and any other old veg stuff and make a soup. Very gaseous.

Ar$e

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Trebroccoli?

Polbroccoli?

Penoccoli?

Mike Trebroccoli played for Argyle long ago, then he got  a transfer to Man City just before the FA Cup deadline and he played in the Cup Final for them, scoring three goals. That's why he was called Mike Trebleoccolicok my andsome.

Philth

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

The Cornish "broccoli" that used to be sent in large quantities from Penzance was actually cauliflower I believe.  Although I've lived in Cornwall for many years I don't know what the Cornish name is for broccoli.

Mike

Clever those people from Cornwall, call them the same thing and then sell whatever's available to the unsuspecting foreigners up in Covent garden market.

• RMweb Gold

Clever those people from Cornwall, call them the same thing and then sell whatever's available to the unsuspecting foreigners up in Covent garden market.

"Lots of very hungry people up in London!" according to the Cornish broccoli grower in the delightful BT Films production 'Train Time'.

• RMweb Gold

"Lots of very hungry people up in London!" according to the Cornish broccoli grower in the delightful BT Films production 'Train Time'.

Five agrees usually gets a photo shoot using my cattle vans...