A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

The wave in that second shot must have been particularly strong; it's washed the pointy nose right off of that first train!

Sad I know, however last evening I was trying to work out how that bloke got in the sea (as he seems all prepared to be swimming as he has no clothing on his top bits as far as I can see) and then how the #### he is going to get back out. Perhaps he was hoping to be thrown over the sea wall into the patrh of a Pacer or whatever that box thing is?

What a complete ###### and that rhymes with tanker. Surely he must have drownedid?

B. Aywatch

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Sad I know, however last evening I was trying to work out how that bloke got in the sea (as he seems all prepared to be swimming as he has no clothing on his top bits as far as I can see) and then how the #### he is going to get back out. Perhaps he was hoping to be thrown over the sea wall into the patrh of a Pacer or whatever that box thing is?

What a complete ###### and that rhymes with tanker. Surely he must have drowneded?

B. Aywatch

Well, on the day after the first of the February 2014 storms, when everyone in orange was strutting about with clipboards in front of cameras and looking important, I did notice a chap swimming in the sea in the afternoon, just of Rockstone footbridge.

My thoughts at the time also rhymed with tanker, or merchant banker.

• RMweb Premium

There are also a couple (adult and child?) standing on the apron by the arches under Dawlish station in photo 11/15. shots taken by Drone? or telephoto?

I thought that too Don but thought it might be something that looked like people. What ### #### do these people think they are doing in such conditions? They need a brain transplant. Absolutely irresponsible, thoughtless dimwits.

have a look at 13 as well. Is that a person up aginst the wall beween the two waves?

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

It's very Spring like today compared with the high winds of yesterday.I can feel another few photos being shot over the weekend...

Oh good. Has the ice finally melted on your tanks of developer and fixer?

• RMweb Gold

Shooting photo's is very cruel and should be made illegal. Poor little pics, they are just art. 

Fire Ingsquad

I've taken over 10K photos since I bought my Nikon Coolpix camera in 2013.

Shooting photo's is very cruel and should be made illegal. Poor little pics, they are just art. 

Fire Ingsquad

Bill Stickers will be prosecuted.

Bl#### ####.  Your Boots' bill must be large old bean.

F.Ocus

Not to mention your photo album!

Why are violent storms still being named after elderly genteel members of Haverfordwest W.I?

Doris means (bountiful) gift in Greek and the next "Lady Storm" is Fleur which will probably arrive in time to destroy the flowering daffodils

• Like 1

If you call spending hours layout planning, lying under the layout wiring things up, only to find your planning didn't line up therapy, what do you do for relaxation? :dontknow:

Then there are the multiple wiring problems, cold joints, etc., that never showed up while you were still beneath :cry:

Also what about the rail joiners that don't join very well which means you go back down under and resolder again. :banghead:

Finally when everything is up and running you discover a point or two or three, usually as far away from access as possible, is not working. :crazy:

When this is all over, you will eventually be able to enjoy watching your trains run around - now that's therapy! :victory:

Brian :clapping:

• RMweb Gold

If you call spending hours layout planning, lying under the layout wiring things up, only to find your planning didn't line up therapy, what do you do for relaxation? :dontknow:

Then there are the multiple wiring problems, cold joints, etc., that never showed up while you were still beneath :cry:

Also what about the rail joiners that don't join very well which means you go back down under and resolder again. :banghead:

Finally when everything is up and running you discover a point or two or three, usually as far away from access as possible, is not working. :crazy:

When this is all over, you will eventually be able to enjoy watching your trains run around - now that's therapy! :victory:

But nobody got hurt or died in the process, and SWMBO didn't tell you how to do it!

• RMweb Gold

Come again.

I'm in 1947, the Therapy Year, ( I was in my Terrible Twos ) and Gaslight paper has just become available for amateur photographers after the War. Coolpix indeed !

post-21027-0-67165800-1488020400.jpg

Edited by Limpley Stoker

• RMweb Gold

Having a major clearout today and came across the VHS video version of this excellent footage.As I have the DVD of the same it's available for just the postage cost to anyone interested by pm.

http://www.aarchive.co.uk/documentaries/steam_railways/back_along_the_kingsbridge_line/

Sound advice, I will continue to avoid building any layout ever as it is clearly far too complicated and could drive a man to drink ... now there's a thought!

Glenn

• RMweb Gold

...could drive a man to drink ... now there's a thought!

Glenn

Remember don't drink and drive...

...it slops all over the steering wheel. :nono: