A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Dr Creasy has made an appearance in his Austin attending to the booking clerk Miss Jasper this afternoon.

attachicon.gifDSCN0127.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN0128.jpg

Do we know Miss Jasper? Perhaps she too has been overcome by the appearance of an APT last week hence Dr Creasy's visit.

That Austin 7 looks suitably ill kempt for a busy GP!

It seems Mr Warburton has finally caught a train or perhaps he is bending over to tie his shoelaces!

Edited by Limpley Stoker

• RMweb Premium

The station garden's looking good Rob. Very spring-like.

Spring is sprung, the grass is riz,

I wonder where them birdies is,

The little birds is on the wing,

Ain't that absurd?

The little wing is on the bird

With thanks to Spike Milligan for the poetry and for his part in my downfall.

A Hitler

Or...

Spring is sprung, the grass is riz.

I wonder where the lawnmower is.

• RMweb Premium

Too many cutting jokes.......

.attachicon.gifIMG_0675.JPG

Brilliant! I never had one of those, although I did have a Britain's Floral Miniature Garden set about 50 years ago, which included a mower and a roller. Dave Howsam (I think) built an N gauge layout to represent a ride-on miniature railway using the Britain's parts. It would be fun to do something similar with T gauge - a model of an LGB garden line perhaps?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Do we know Miss Jasper? Perhaps she too has been overcome by the appearance of an APT last week hence Dr Creasy's visit.

That Austin 7 looks suitably ill kempt for a busy GP!

It seems Mr Warburton has finally caught a train or perhaps he is bending over to tie his shoelaces!

Our GP up on Mendip, in the late 1950s, had an Alvis with a dicky seat, with the original Bath numberplate FB1. It was very well maintained. Before you all jump in with ribald comments, it was the car that had the dicky seat, not the good doctor.

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thats a snip at five shillings.

You're right though, we need to cut out the jokes

Now, where is that filthy mogul???????

Not much interest in a filthy mogul shoot then Col.

• RMweb Gold

Why on earth would anyone want a dinky model of a lawn mower? Cars, trains, trucks, boats, tanks yes, but a lawn mower?

Well, if it was in British Racing Green...

auto-500-185689_10150398718770427_525640

Edited by ian
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I'm a bit concerned about needing a Doctor to attend to the good lady Booking Clerk.  A chap i used to work with had some good few years previously paid a visit to an old friend who by then happened to be the Stationmaster at Blaengwynfi and arrived to find the place seemingly deserted (it was during opening hours).  However after some searching around the station building and various offices he duly came across the Stationmaster in the process of 'attending to' the lady(?) Booking Clerk - across his desk.

• RMweb Gold

I'm a bit concerned about needing a Doctor to attend to the good lady Booking Clerk.  A chap i used to work with had some good few years previously paid a visit to an old friend who by then happened to be the Stationmaster at Blaengwynfi and arrived to find the place seemingly deserted (it was during opening hours).  However after some searching around the station building and various offices he duly came across the Stationmaster in the process of 'attending to' the lady(?) Booking Clerk - across his desk.

Yes,we've all been there Mike.....

• RMweb Gold

And it wasn't restricted to the Welsh Marches, either. The SM at Dorking was definitely busy with the chief clerk - a war widow - on more than checking accounts. At Margate the desk in the parcels office once collapsed, mainly because the lady clerk there and the SM had been giving it a hard time over some years. At Sole Street, every few Thursdays the Ganger's wife would come down for some quality time with the Leading Railman, for which purpose they borrowed the former SM's office. One RDR SM was believed to have a lady-friend near every station he relieved at. He was also passionate about Blackpool trams!

Where there's a will(y) there's a way, as they say. 

• Like 4