A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

I'm not sure Aston were making tractors in the '40s.:scratchhead:

Did they ever? David Brown, who made a great success of making and selling tractors from the '30s onwards, bought Aston Martin for £20,500 in 1947. Bargain! While DB became the prefix for some posh cars, I'm not so sure about Aston adorning tractors. 

EDIT Of course, it was good enough for Lamborghini to make both!

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

More new wagons are on their way as both Rapido and Oxford Rail products are due in stock shortly. Apparently the OR NE van has had the brake gear incorrectly fitted, so this thread's wagon guru @Dunsignalling will have to advise.

Edited by gwrrob
added detail.
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

More new wagons are on their way as both Rapido and Oxford Rail products are due in stock shortly. Apparently the OR NE van has had the brake gear incorrectly fitted, so this thread's wagon guru @Dunsignalling will have to advise.

Thanks for the show of faith, Rob.

I've had a look in Tatlow to see how it should all look. Once I have my pair in my hot little hands, I'll work out a way forward. 

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/01/2022 at 15:29, gwrrob said:

For those who might not have seen the Captain's @Captain Kernow thread 

@bgman A long time follower and all round good egg Grahame has recently been rushed to Bristol hospital and has had heart surgery. I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing him well and to make a speedy recovery in due course.

I'm somewhat concerned by this and wish @bgman a speedy recovery (he heard about the Vaseline and rubber gloves ;) ) , I think that threads like Rob's and other's should come with a health warning' ' the GWR can seriously damage your Health'  in case of emergency use your GTN Spray or call 999.. :jester:

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

the GWR can seriously damage your wealth'  

I keep reading the Accurascale Manor thread.:read:

This thread should come with a health warning with the amount of followers that are having problems. We wish them well.

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
On 24/01/2022 at 19:19, Dunsignalling said:

Thanks for the show of faith, Rob.

Not on my shopping list the OR banana van has surfaced online. Any thoughts John ?

OR76BAN001_202201251158_3660348_Qty1_3.jpg.4d28938d867898e82fcab718087e9ea3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Not on my shopping list the OR banana van has surfaced online. Any thoughts John ?

OR76BAN001_202201251158_3660348_Qty1_3.jpg.4d28938d867898e82fcab718087e9ea3.jpg

I think I'll reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh and can compare the two sides.

The body moulding looks good, though.

I also hope my preferred #146 Kadees go on as easily and as well as they did on my tank wagons.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

This thread should come with a health warning with the amount of followers that are having problems. We wish them well.

Just as well that correlation is not the same as causation.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

I shall ask the surgeons to insert the electrodes here ;) 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, toboldlygo said:

in case of emergency use your GTN Spray

That filled a gap for me, thankyou very much. 

Two years ago, Sherry had some sort of minor heart event, resulting in all the usual tests including an angiogram. Covid has meant a stunning lack of medical resources to truly follow up and she often gets angina pains. I followed GTN on Google and sent a link to her (in Torquay). In the last few minutes the practice pharmacist has rung her - first time in months, despite entreaties - and a GTN spray will be prescribed! Sherry elated.

Again, thankyou very much.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Two years ago, Sherry had some sort of minor heart event, resulting in all the usual tests including an angiogram. Covid has meant a stunning lack of medical resources to truly follow up and she often gets angina pains. I followed GTN on Google and sent a link to her (in Torquay). In the last few minutes the practice pharmacist has rung her - first time in months, despite entreaties - and a GTN spray will be prescribed! Sherry elated.

Have you tried the Kardia app to take home ECGs - not too expensive and very good - the A&E consultant I saw used one herself.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Andy Keane said:

Have you tried the Kardia app to take home ECGs - not too expensive and very good - the A&E consultant I saw used one herself.

No, that is news. For some reason, Sherry's ECGs often show an abnormality that indicates a heart attack, when all other evidence disputes this. As she's not really overweight (BMI within tolerance) and has never been a smoker, it's all a bit of a puzzle. There is mild furring of arteries, but not excessive. She has a test next week so fingers crossed the cardiosurgeon will ring her soon after to discuss the findings. 

Thanks for the thought.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Just make sure you inform security if your flying, as it sets off the sensors for explosive (GTN contains nitro- glycerine). Works wonders too, I felt like I'd run a marathon after being kicked in the chest when my heart misbehaved, a couple of sprays of GTN under my tongue by the female paramedic (who due to rough ride in the ambulance, nearly gave me an impromptu lap dance), my heart rate slowed somewhat...

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Graham T said:

I don't want to make light of an important topic - but wouldn't a lap dance usually send your heart rate up?

I commented on that to a paramedic -- that would've been bad and I wouldn't be chatting to you here...

Edited by toboldlygo
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
On 25/01/2022 at 20:28, Dunsignalling said:

I think I'll reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh and can compare the two sides.

The body moulding looks good, though.

Photos of the GE covered van from OR have also surfaced thanks to @Jenny Emily and like the banana van the body moulding looks excellent for the money.

1125505239_IMG_03263486.jpg.0a13d66c049c2f0b4ccbb34d27080bdf.jpg659174403_IMG_03273487.jpg.d62f5535968e4a3331ae740df141ded9.jpg

• Like 14
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/01/2022 at 13:32, Oldddudders said:

No, that is news. For some reason, Sherry's ECGs often show an abnormality that indicates a heart attack, when all other evidence disputes this. As she's not really overweight (BMI within tolerance) and has never been a smoker, it's all a bit of a puzzle. There is mild furring of arteries, but not excessive. She has a test next week so fingers crossed the cardiosurgeon will ring her soon after to discuss the findings. 

Thanks for the thought.

You mention ECG which is a basic,routine procedure in cases of cardiac problems .  A more searching diagnostic tool is an echocardiogram,which is a 20 minute scan achieved  by sounding the l/h side around the heart area . That should give a better idea of what exactly is going on. In fact,I had one last Monday,some 3 months after open heart surgery and had a phone call today from my cardiologist with the news,much to my relief,  that the result was good. 

My experience with the NHS lately….and I am aware of the pressure the system is under….is that if you don’t ask,you don’t get….and then some.In other words,persist until you get the outcome you want.Believe me,it works .

On the same subject,including a blue light episode.,remembering Grahame,sadly no longer with us. There but for etc.,etc….go I.   I have had a close encounter and I’m still here.I cannot get my head around this latest tragedy.   I feel shaken for all kinds of reasons that can’t be expressed. 
 We’ve lost a good bloke.

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Adding text
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16