A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Absolutely and I'd probably be shot if I didn't order some to run on here even though the general consensus says they were unlikely to have been seen this far west.:read:

Plenty of corridor toplights in the Far West, Rob. Not the non-corridors, though.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Indeed, what you need is Maunsell and Bulleid stock. 100% sure on that.

So close to getting a full house of icons chum.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Apologies Robin and all followers at ANTB - I promise no cream teas or Pasties were harmed in this!

Just a shameless plug for a new Poll that I have set up in the GWR section this afternoon. It's not a definitive list, merely the means of getting a manufacturer to consider bringing out a new 00 GWR Pannier tank to modern standards. Just below the poll I have set out some items I consider to be essential for a new loco.

The details are here and I look forward to seeing ANTB followers votes.

Thanks, Neal.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

A lovely model and lifted by the subtle weathering. I must say that I much prefer a grey roof compared to white even though the latter may be correct. On a model when seen from above the white is too overpowering.

Brian 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

58 minutes ago, 88C said:

A lovely model and lifted by the subtle weathering. I must say that I much prefer a grey roof compared to white even though the latter may be correct. On a model when seen from above the white is too overpowering.

Brian 

I believe that grey rooves were introduced during the war as a semi camouflage measure  .
The early streamlined “Flying Bananas “ had white rooves but were built pre war .The later “razor edge “ cars introduced during the war had grey rooves  from the start.In addition the top part of the windscreen had some form of covering or finish as a black out measure.

I believe the Royal Train had its roof painted too in a similar way .

• Informative/Useful 2

21 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

Just a shameless plug for a new Poll that I have set up in the GWR section this afternoon. It's not a definitive list, merely the means of getting a manufacturer to consider bringing out a new 00 GWR Pannier tank to modern standards. Just below the poll I have set out some items I consider to be essential for a new loco.

Poll could be useful, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any in the planning stages at least - Dapol going in and doing Toplights with the potential of more to come opens up potential for a renewed interest in GWR modelling.

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Lovely images, Robin and another superb job by James.

But I must have missed something here, did you say that you won the railcar? What was the competition?

Indeed yes. I won the railcar on the WOR website competition back last September.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 7