A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

And still speaking to each other!

Do you find living in different countries helps?

I guess it reduces arguments about toilet seat positions, toothpaste tube squeezing, snoring and other proximity related gripes.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I guess it reduces arguments about toilet seat positions, toothpaste tube squeezing, snoring and other proximity related gripes.

My SWMBO has spent the last 3 days at her aunts it was great to have a bit of freedom like leaving the throne lid up, dirty cups in the sink and parping in bed and not getting an elbow dug in the ribs.  :whistle:

Ivor Jusdun- Aripa

:O Nor the C & A come to think of it.

I thought C & A  shut down their U.K.High Street operations way back in 2001.

This infamous railway modeller was apparently a part time "Man at C & A" once upon a time

post-9751-0-61045700-1503000362.jpg

Probably modelling "freebies" from C & A arising from C & A's nefarious "accommodation" with the Nazis.

Guest 7007GreatWestern

This infamous railway modeller was apparently a part time "Man at C & A" once upon a time

attachicon.gifgoering.jpg

Probably modelling "freebies" from C & A arising from C & A's nefarious "accommodation" with the Nazis.

I'll be honest, I had no idea what you were alluding to so I typed "Goering" and "C & A" into Google.

Imagine my surprise when it returned this:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3803743/Retailing-giant-C-funded-Nazis-World-War-Two-profited-slave-labour-new-book-claims.html

An article in that instrument of monumental ignorance, the Daily Mail no less. Oh the delicious hypocrisy of it! Accusations of collusion between C&A modes and the Nazis in 1937.....printed by a publication which in 1933 opined the following:-

"The minor misdeeds of individual Nazis would be submerged by the immense benefits the new regime is already bestowing upon Germany".

A year later they printed an article entitled "Hurrah for the Blackshirts!" in praise of Oswald Moseley.

You would think that an organisation proved so conclusively to be on the "wrong side of history" would have long since learned to shut up. But no, some people will always flaunt their ignorance. Only two days ago the Daily Wail was likening the Health and Safety at Work act to the worst the Luftwaffe could throw at us......well they should know!

• Like 2

I'll be honest, I had no idea what you were alluding to so I typed "Goering" and "C & A" into Google.

Imagine my surprise when it returned this:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3803743/Retailing-giant-C-funded-Nazis-World-War-Two-profited-slave-labour-new-book-claims.html

I didn't "use" that article as there are other rather more reputable sources.than the Daily Wail available.

Edited by cary hill

Separate bathrooms (in France, at least!) help with the first two and we forgive the occasional snoring and laugh at other extraneous bodily noises!!

Not always being together makes us value each other and those times we share.

• Like 5

I think it is great that Mrs.Dudders (Sherry) is now  with us. A fresh approach to toilet humour would liven things up as we approach Autumn.

Philth

Thank you! I'll do my best......or should that be my worst?!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thank you! I'll do my best......or should that be my worst?!

Rob was only saying the other day that the thread needs more equality. I think he had in mind photos of naked male railway photographers to balance the photo of the female one that occasionally graces these pages. Please feel free not to stoop to those levels as most male railway folk aren't that pretty with their clothes on! ;-p

• RMweb Premium

Rob was only saying the other day that the thread needs more equality. I think he had in mind photos of naked male railway photographers to balance the photo of the female one that occasionally graces these pages. Please feel free not to stoop to those levels as most male railway folk aren't that pretty with their clothes on! ;-p

post-2326-0-76963900-1503053054.jpg "You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me....are you?"

A.R.S. Spotter

• RMweb Gold

Rob was only saying the other day that the thread needs more equality.

I know your game young man , that's your way of a request for a N class on an up stopper from Plymouth.

What, the 64xx on the Saltash - Newton shuffle.

If you say so???.....!!!!!

I was really just thinking of that nice little Hatton's loco with a pleasant little chocolate/cream coach attached trundling through the countryside at a sedate pace with not a care in the world.

You know, that one.

• RMweb Premium

Look, he uses DCC..........................there are only two wires; I can see them.

post-2326-0-86669900-1503074812.jpg

Bet he didn't have Spams 34065 and 34066.

Philth

• RMweb Gold

For the avoidance of doubt, I cannot recall, at any time in the 13 years we have been 'seeing each other' Sherry ever taking a picture of me without clothes. I hope that induces a sense of relief.

• Like 1