A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

A lady down the road had her buffers replaced recently. I think she was hoping for a new coupling too.

That'll be a screw coupling then.......

Rub

• RMweb Premium

Actually she was keen on a hook and a very short chain.

Does anybody remember Mr Triang's Anita ?

I thought she was Mr Pritchard's ("a neater" version of the Tri-ang TT coupling) but I agree with your point.

• RMweb Gold

Actually she was keen on a hook and a very short chain.

Does anybody remember Mr Triang's Anita ? Or was it Mr Peco.

I thought she was Mr Pritchard's ("a neater" version of the Tri-ang TT coupling) but I agree with your point.

A trimmed example.

• RMweb Gold

I was surprised, looking on Peco's website, to see Anita is still available. I thought she had perished with TT!

• RMweb Premium

You lead a sheltered life, dr. Quackington, nickers off ready when I come home, now back up the loft.

Ah, it was the Knickers bit that foxed me as I have not known and do not know any women that wear them. have I missed out do you think?

H. Quikerhausen.

Edited by Mallard60022

Guest 7007GreatWestern

I remember that C&A knickers were so labeled to ensure they were worn the right way around

Oh well, there's another Hobnob gone without being fully appreciated......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At this point we need a captain kernow "yes, or no, or maybe" comment, only he's stuffing himself on cream buns.

I have not spent the afternoon in the bath today, yet I'm still none the wiser about what you lot are on about. I haven't even had that last cream bun, it's still in the fridge. I did enjoy a rather nice gluten-free pasty in Plymouth earlier, after which we went into Antics and I didn't buy the new Oxford 'Janus'.

• RMweb Gold

I have not spent the afternoon in the bath today, yet I'm still none the wiser about what you lot are on about. I haven't even had that last cream bun, it's still in the fridge. I did enjoy a rather nice gluten-free pasty in Plymouth earlier, after which we went into Antics and I didn't buy the new Oxford 'Janus'.

The last time we were in Plymouth I couldn't find the Antics store. :O Nor the C & A come to think of it.

BTW The South Hams is currently on BBC1.

The last time we were in Plymouth I couldn't find the Antics store. :O Nor the C & A come to think of it.

BTW The South Hams is currently on BBC1.

Go to the shopping mall in the centre of Le Mans if you want C & A.

• RMweb Gold

Us grockles only use the Carrefour two stops down from Antares when we are in residence. Mid June every year--------

Ash.

Yes, great for campers. Deb (late first wife - married 43 years ago today) and I used that Carrefour before we moved here. Once saw a Ferrari 250 GTO in the car park, reg number 250 GTO! Have a feeling it might be Nick Mason's (yes, the Pink Floyd drummer).