A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Starred in one of the most loved and often quoted British "indie" films of all time. Uncle Monty R.I.P.!

Gone too soon.

If anyone does find any evidence of his model railway please share......

I think it was on Pie in the Sky not his (the actor's) in real life. If he had had a layout it would have been BR SR circa 1960 somewhere in Devon.

Ar$£

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I've just got around to fitting new brass plates to 2 blue team Panniers to find one with a yellow route disc and the other with a blue one how odd.

I see Spams is making silly remarks again about a superior steam locomotive. :nono:

I. H Atespamlocos

I've just got around to fitting new brass plates to 2 blue team Panniers to find one with a yellow route disc and the other with a blue one how odd.

I see Spams is making silly remarks again about a superior steam locomotive. :nono:

I. H Atespamlocos

I spotted this conundrum with 57XX Pannier tanks a while back and looked at a couple of reference books to find an answer. I think I found one in Brian Haresnape's: Collett Locomotives, but I found this explanation online:

'The hammer blow from the 57XX's caused less damage to the track than other engines of similar axle load, so they were allowed on the yellow category routes from around 1950.' (edited) - Great Western Railway Pannier Tanks by Robin Jones, Crowood Press Ltd. 2014.

Therefore: Blue C for GWR period and very early BR, Yellow C from around 1950 onwards.

Here's one I sprayed earlier:

post-7466-0-76761600-1502652822_thumb.jpg

Glenn - Spam lover

Edited by mattingleycustom
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

I spotted this conundrum with 57XX Pannier tanks a while back and looked at a couple of reference books to find an answer. I think I found one in Brian Haresnape's: Collett Locomotives, but I found explanation online:

'The hammer blow from the 57XX's caused less damage to the track than other engines of similar axle load, so they were allowed on the yellow category routes from around 1950.' (edited) - Great Western Railway Pannier Tanks by Robin Jones, Crowood Press Ltd. 2014.

Therefore: Blue C for GWR period and very early BR, Yellow C from around 1950 onwards.

Here's one I sprayed earlier:

attachicon.gifGWR3715-BL-s30.jpg

Glenn - Spam lover

I model 1939-ish so both sport blue disc now, those little C's on the HMRS sheets are a so and so to fix onto the disc must have wasted a dozen then gave up,

I'm sure there is a transfer Nerd on here that will tell me how to do it. :snooks:

• RMweb Gold

I'm shocked at the size of sausage rolls these days.

Please can we have more panniers instead?

I'm shocked at the number of panniers, can we have more sausage rolls?

• RMweb Gold

I'm shocked at the number of panniers, can we have more sausage rolls?

Does Newton Abbot have a Greggs and if so how many sausage rolls were available in '47. :jester: 

Does Newton Abbot have a Greggs and if so how many sausage rolls were available in '47. :jester:

Sounds like a field trip will be needed !

P.Orkyman