A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Guest 7007GreatWestern

For the avoidance of doubt, I cannot recall, at any time in the 13 years we have been 'seeing each other' Sherry ever taking a picture of me without clothes. I hope that induces a sense of relief.

Well, as the saying goes, "There's no time like the present."

As I'm sure that Sherry will agree, in the interests of our new found gender equality we really have to "balance up" the image in Post 25847 posted by that naughty Duck. Sorry old sport. I promise not to look.......

Guest 7007GreatWestern

Look, he uses DCC..........................there are only two wires; I can see them.

attachicon.gifimages (6).jpg

Unfortunately they're piano wires reserved for any visitors not suitably impressed with his scratch built rolling stock......

For the avoidance of doubt, I cannot recall, at any time in the 13 years we have been 'seeing each other' Sherry ever taking a picture of me without clothes. I hope that induces a sense of relief.

Who needs pictures?!

Guest 7007GreatWestern

Taka-Taka-Taka

DavidR

Are we talking kettles here?

For the benefit of the uninitiated.....

I think Blue Streak is referring to an early scene in the 1969 film "Battle of Britain" in which an experienced RAF officer pilot (Played by Robert Shaw) engages in a training sortie over the English Channel with a raw recruit RAF pilot. He shouts "Taka-taka-taka" over the R.T. as he ambushes the raw recruit......which in turn ties in with 34066 "Spitfire" (Post 24860) which in turn ties in with Herman Goerings model railway (also Post 24860), since it is claimed that Goering said he would need a squadron of Spitfires in order to win the Battle of Britain.

There IS a kind of logic that flows through much of the madness and mayhem that occurs on ANTB.....

• RMweb Gold

For the benefit of the uninitiated.....

I think Blue Streak is referring to an early scene in the 1969 film "Battle of Britain" in which an experienced RAF officer pilot (Played by Robert Shaw) engages in a training sortie over the English Channel with a raw recruit RAF pilot. He shouts "Taka-taka-taka" over the R.T. as he ambushes the raw recruit......which in turn ties in with 34066 "Spitfire" (Post 24860) which in turn ties in with Herman Goerings model railway (also Post 24860), since it is claimed that Goering said he would need a squadron of Spitfires in order to win the Battle of Britain.

There IS a kind of logic that flows through much of the madness and mayhem that occurs on ANTB.....

It's a shame I don't yet have a Spitfire Castle then, yet.

• Like 2

Guest 7007GreatWestern

It's a shame I don't yet have a Spitfire Castle then, yet.

Particularly appropriate for you Rob since 5071 was a Newton Abbot machine between July 1940 and March '58 according to www.brdatabase.info, though it wasn't renamed from 'Clifford Castle' to 'Spitfire' until September 1940.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Particularly appropriate for you Rob since 5071 was a Newton Abbot machine between July 1940 and March '58 according to www.brdatabase.info, though it wasn't renamed from 'Clifford Castle' to 'Spitfire' until September 1940.

Newton also had Hurricane and Beaufort post war [1946].

• Like 1