A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

As there is such a strong interest in ANTB, there is a new etch, from Worsley works for an E40.

Although, in use in the 1920's/early 30's, these coaches were coupled up in pairs for use on the Brent - Kingsbridge branch and became the fore runner of the 'B' set.

I commissioned these as a retirement project for David Geen now he can finally get on with his Brent.

The E40 is now in the main Worsley Works range @£42 per etch as below.

http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/4mm/4mm_GWR.htm

post-9992-0-36322300-1525513429_thumb.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

As there is such a strong interest in ANTB, there is a new etch, from Worsley works for an E40.

Although, in use in the 1920's/early 30's, these coaches were coupled up in pairs for use on the Brent - Kingsbridge branch attachicon.gifE40 etch.jpgattachicon.gifE40 etch.jpgand became the fore runner of the 'B' set.

I commissioned these as a retirement project for David Geen now he can finally get on with his Brent.

attachicon.gifE40 etch.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

Your link isn't working so I've done it again Mike.  http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/4mm/4mm_GWR.htm

Although, in use in the 1920's/early 30's, these coaches were coupled up in pairs for use on the Brent - Kingsbridge branch E40 etch.jpg E40 etch.jpgand became the fore runner of the 'B' set.

E40 etch.jpg

Looks nice! Where else did the E40s work?

Mike Wiltshire

• RMweb Gold

Was that a SPAD on the up line, or is the signalman holding a green flag behind the coach ? ( just to show I was paying attention - I love that saddle tank though)

I'm confused as i can't even see a signal applying to the Up Main Line and the train on that line hasn't got any coaches on it anyway.  On the Down Main the Starting Signal has, as required by the rule Book, been replaced to danger once the whole of the train has passed it and as there are no facing points in advance of the train that is as it should be although the signalman is obviously pretty smart in getting the job done.

Pedantic topographical notes - the signalbox at Brent stood on the Down Main Line/Branch Bay island platform, the branch from Kingsbridge ran into the station at the east (Up) end and the goods shed was at the west (Down) end thus the 1361 is on the Up Main line and the 14XX is on the Down Main Line.

• RMweb Gold

I'm confused as i can't even see a signal applying to the Up Main Line and the train on that line hasn't got any coaches on it anyway.  

Where would the best place to put one then Mike.

• RMweb Gold

I'm confused as i can't even see a signal applying to the Up Main Line and the train on that line hasn't got any coaches on it anyway.  On the Down Main the Starting Signal has, as required by the rule Book, been replaced to danger once the whole of the train has passed it and as there are no facing points in advance of the train that is as it should be although the signalman is obviously pretty smart in getting the job done.

Pedantic topographical notes - the signalbox at Brent stood on the Down Main Line/Branch Bay island platform, the branch from Kingsbridge ran into the station at the east (Up) end and the goods shed was at the west (Down) end thus the 1361 is on the Up Main line and the 14XX is on the Down Main Line.

I seem to have confused the up and the down direction on the main line ! I shall have to reorientate myself with a map and have a word with the signalman and driver involved to apologise for my slander. The signalman was a bit quick off the mark though.

• RMweb Gold

Call that a main line? I've seen more powerful locomotives on the Midland!

Only just, most of there stuff couldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding all their top link trains had to have 2 loco's on the front 

and still struggled to hit 60mph.  :onthequiet:  

• RMweb Gold

Only just, most of there stuff couldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding all their top link trains had to have 2 loco's on the front 

and still struggled to hit 60mph.  :onthequiet:  

You don't seriously think they were that powerful do you?  Must have been the only time a shade of pink was used as a 'go-faster' colour scheme.

• RMweb Gold

I seem to have confused the up and the down direction on the main line ! I shall have to reorientate myself with a map and have a word with the signalman and driver involved to apologise for my slander. The signalman was a bit quick off the mark though.

If the link works look at this map and pick out Brent - the Down line would be at the bottom of the two lines and the Up Line at the top

https://maps.nls.uk/view/91577532#