A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Mike Stationmaster would tell you that's the only common detail on this class of loco. :jester:

Quite. The rest is of a far better class of detail and out of necessity, the two are discouraged from mixing.

Jeeves.

• RMweb Gold

Saffron Cake from Dingles circa 1964................ummmmmmmmmm. No idea what it is like these days though.

Ar43

I expect it will have gone mouldy by now.  I don't think you should eat it.

With regard to the thread title alterations, may I ask how big are these buns of which you mention and will they be available in 7mm scale ?

Doh Boy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

With regard to the thread title alterations, may I ask how big are these buns of which you mention and will they be available in 7mm scale ?

Doh Boy

About the size of Molly's baps . ;) 

post-126-0-52214500-1532524424_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

About the size of Molly's baps . ;) 

attachicon.gifDSCN4036 (2).JPG

Which, I am reliably informed, are well rounded, soft when squeezed, lightly dusted and nicely displayed.

Rob

Which, I am reliably informed, are well rounded, soft when squeezed, lightly dusted and nicely displayed.

Rob

Can't beat a bit of local knowledge, I assume they are well baked and nicely wrapped?

With regard to frivolity it strikes me that most of the locals aren't too keen on "warm baps" during the hot weather as I'm told that the cheese sandwiches are starting to curl up in the station cafe.

Cream Teas R Us

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

With regard to frivolity it strikes me that most of the locals aren't too keen on "warm baps" during the hot weather as I'm told that the cheese sandwiches are starting to curl up in the station cafe.

Cream Teas R Us

If it was BR the sandwiches would come pre-curled.

• RMweb Gold

Although an old photo of this area the problem of my water sloping is still there. Any ideas on how to make the area flatter before colouring and adding the 'water' product.

post-126-0-97291400-1532545531_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Does the 'water' product not self level?

Some possible solutions which come to mind - just thinking out loud here but it may spark an idea for you.

- Something like PVA that flows.

- Tile grout/adhesive or similar that you can manually level.

- A thin sheet of ply, MDF, card, glass or acrylic which you could level with spacers underneath.

- (Bit drastic this one.)  Remove the stones from the base of the wall, cut out the whole section of baseboard, re-fix level and replace stones.

- Put in more waves so that there is a series of lines making it appear like the sea is breaking up a shallow sloping beach.

- Put in a view blocker and never look at the water again from the side.

• RMweb Gold

Some possible solutions which come to mind - just thinking out loud here but it may spark an idea for you.

I wonder if I used Modroc for this in levels it might work. I fancy trying this water product from WS  http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/57880/CW4511-%C2%99Woodland-Scenics-Murky-Deep-Pour-Water%C2%99

- A thin sheet of ply, MDF, card, glass or acrylic which you could level with spacers underneath.

- (Bit drastic this one.)  Remove the stones from the base of the wall, cut out the whole section of baseboard, re-fix level and replace stones.

- Put in more waves so that there is a series of lines making it appear like the sea is breaking up a shallow sloping beach.

- Put in a view blocker and never look at the water again from the side.

My first thought would be that the "new" pouring waters, would find their own level.

A liquid will only dry to a slope if the viscosity is too high, and/or the layer depth too low.

Experience with epoxy resin for boat maintanance makes me suggest that gently warming

with a hair dryer could effectively thin the resin to promote the flow. Although the heat does promote the setting

process, and may be a bit over the top in current weather.

PVA wouldn't help as it shrinks as it drys, and hence does not readily build depth. (I know 'cos I built up my

rivers from pva, good job they were small!).

Best of luck.

• RMweb Gold

Although an old photo of this area the problem of my water sloping is still there.

That would make it the ideal place for water skiing. Just make sure you point them downhill. :jester: