A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, KNP said:

They look smart.....would they be new by any chance.

You have the same problem I've had, roof to white so the poor old camera gets in a twist and bleaches the detail out - weathering needed!!!

The sun shining brightly through the window of the railway room doesn't help much either.

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, KNP said:

They look smart.....would they be new by any chance.

You have the same problem I've had, roof to white so the poor old camera gets in a twist and bleaches the detail out - weathering needed!!! 

It happened in real life too.  If you've got a copy of the great Maurice Earley's "Truly the Great Western' (you should have!) look at plate 91, taken in july 1932, where two newly outshopped 60 foot thirds behind the loco gave him awful trouble printing the negative.  The roofs are so white that it almost looks like the paint is still wet.

John C.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

Looking at your photographs Rob I'd be almost tempted to buy a set of these coaches ! 

Only trouble being I haven't got a 4mm layout to run them on but they do look good.

Now if they only produced a decent set of r-t-r Clerestories ?

G

Edited by bgman
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

They look really magnificent Rob. Who needs kits these days?

Phil

Kits are for wimps....

100_5695a.jpg.b9b5eb749dc524c6c219944d5bb15ef4.jpg

Talking about wimps, I was in sunny Glasgow (with no, I do mean no rain) this weekend. Every evening we went out for a meal all these 'arded northerners 'ad 'ats and coats on. a couple even had a coat over a hoodie and were wearing a baseball cap.  The wimpy southerner went out in his cardie.

The Hornby stand had the new GWR non-gangway coaches.....now how to I justify a rake of these in Sheffield, the ones in Midland Crimson Lake looked good.

As for kits , I do not include MTK kits as ones suitable for wimps. I was handed a bag of parcel coach kits. Most are LMS or BR but there are two GWR Collect full brake bodies, no ends, floors or bogies but that is the easy part. I have just got to work out which diagram they are?

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, gwrrob said:

I see the sunlight in your hair, I see the warm smile that you wear. You have the recipe for love and I just can't get enough.

Sorry Rob, she (other gender identifications are available) seems to have got off at the last stop.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

As for kits , I do not include MTK kits as ones suitable for wimps. I was handed a bag of parcel coach kits. Most are LMS or BR but there are two GWR Collect full brake bodies, no ends, floors or bogies but that is the easy part. I have just got to work out which diagram they are?

Probably K38s. I've got a couple in the "one day" pile too.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Sorry Rob, she (other gender identifications are available) seems to have got off at the last stop.

I am reminded of the old joke about the fit bloke doing press-ups on the beach in Spain. a little lad comes up to him and says “Senor, the senorita - she has gone!”

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

I am reminded of the old joke about the fit bloke doing press-ups on the beach in Spain. a little lad comes up to him and says “Senor, the senorita - she has gone!”

Ooo, that's an old one, I remember it from an old Blaster Bates tape...

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

Ooo, that's an old one, I remember it from an old Blaster Bates tape...

Crikey, Paul - that could indeed be the source. In 1978 I was lent LPs of his by a chap rejoicing in the name of Bob Whalley. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

More coaching goodies in the shape of a Hawksworth BTK . Not all my Bachmann Colletts have Kadee's so the close coupling isn't great on the buffers. Let me know if you want a King photo shoot.

858164105_DSCN4889(2).JPG.2d1597936d3b63178a9fab5374de1398.JPG1999078759_DSCN4890(2).JPG.16ca0cd6e151820cb794890d457e18b5.JPG1476994892_DSCN4892(2).JPG.a1c9bee7d871ce0be959d54eebfb9f11.JPG1375112137_DSCN4893(2).JPG.67aedb2b6195c398197d930796b8239a.JPG946339938_DSCN4894(2).JPG.4a0aff211ec5d2fb2ccb8483e1dff3f8.JPG

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1