A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

No.22 now looking rather at home despite my initial concerns.

DSCN8472.JPG.7202fa3a484a66e1d9ffcd24149f6586.JPGDSCN8473.JPG.f5e21f69559653110e2f23caaf41b656.JPGDSCN8474.JPG.6e3f63d133c8960c58f2b92fb72b7dcc.JPGDSCN8475.JPG.3039493ce063c72e82d3e52952ffd627.JPG

And rather good it looks too... ;)

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I have to say that Railcar looks very much at home and appears to have settled in very well.

Great set of pictures, the one with it by flowers looks very realistic, lighting seems different and the picture sharper…..done anything different?

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Thanks Kevin, nothing done differently with my now elderly Nikon Coolpix.

On my screen it seems to have picked up a touch more red bias.  Makes everything seem sharper. If you look at the sleepers, that’s a clue , browns and biscuit colours are a fine balance of all three primary colours and the most difficult to get right.

Rich

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, KNP said:

I have to say that Railcar looks very much at home and appears to have settled in very well.

Exactly. It is GWR, in GWR livery, the setting is GWR, so the fact that actually 22 and chums may never have seen the sky over South Devon matters very little to most of us. 

As it happens, I have a 22 sitting waiting for a decoder to be installed, and for the layout barn to warm up a bit!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Exactly. It is GWR, in GWR livery, the setting is GWR, so the fact that actually 22 and chums may never have seen the sky over South Devon matters very little to most of us. 

As it happens, I have a 22 sitting waiting for a decoder to be installed, and for the layout barn to warm up a bit!

I would have thought SR No. 1 would have been more your cup of tea Ian.:P Ps nice to read earlier that your going to venture to the members day at Staplegrove in April.;)

1285340861_SRRailcar.jpg.31b2d745a18e8beaa510d89d008cbf11.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, KNP said:

Great set of pictures, the one with it by flowers looks very realistic, lighting seems different and the picture sharper…..done anything different?

Adaptive camoflage weathering ;)

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, 2750Papyrus said:

or something like the old Kingsbridge - Saltash service?

Probably and the service that was previously served by the steam railmotor I'm going to justify my purchase of the forthcoming Kernow Models job.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Seeing that pretty (?!) green railcar reminds me I saw an ebay advert for "Bulleid diesel 18000" the other day. How many facts can one advert get wrong?

I'd think that one per word should be the practical maximum. Job done!:jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 13/02/2022 at 11:07, Oldddudders said:

Seeing that pretty (?!) green railcar reminds me I saw an ebay advert for "Bulleid diesel 18000" the other day. How many facts can one advert get wrong?

The evil eBayer has been reported to the appropriate authorities for re education purposes - to the Iron Bulleid with him and stoke up the air-smoother and don't spare the the spam:jester:

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

The evil eBayer has been reported to the appropriate authorities for re education purposes - to the Iron Bulleid with him and stoke up the air-smoother and don't spare the the spam:jester:

Attila the Hun would be proud of your caring attitude!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4