A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, toboldlygo said:

shush, who do you think came up with recipe for spam ;):jester:

Talking of which have the SR followers of this thread seen this forthcoming book release by John Jennison.

https://strathwood.co.uk/collections/new-titles/products/a-celebration-of-bulleid-west-country-and-battle-of-britain-pacifics

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
On 14/02/2022 at 17:13, gwrrob said:

Talking of which have the SR followers of this thread seen this forthcoming book release by John Jennison.

https://strathwood.co.uk/collections/new-titles/products/a-celebration-of-bulleid-west-country-and-battle-of-britain-pacifics

Any panniers in it?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, checkrail said:

Lovely mogul.  Not so filthy, that one.

According to the Dapol spec they have upgraded the model for further batches and I have one [5320] on pre-order.

NEW FEATURES
Dapol has adjusted the gearing to a 30-1 ratio, this will provide excellent slow speed running as well as an accurate top speed.
Improved slide bars and cross head There have also been improvements made to the firebox glow to better showcase this feature of the model.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

According to the Dapol spec they have upgraded the model for further batches

So I believe but I'll stick with my filthy 63xx for now.  As a pre-war S Devon modeller what I'd really like to see is an 83xx.  Highly unlikely I'd have thought.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, gwrrob said:

According to the Dapol spec they have upgraded the model for further batches and I have one [5320] on pre-order.

NEW FEATURES
Dapol has adjusted the gearing to a 30-1 ratio, this will provide excellent slow speed running as well as an accurate top speed.
Improved slide bars and cross head There have also been improvements made to the firebox glow to better showcase this feature of the model.

Good for Dapol.

My 'original', that is now 7311. Did I ever mention that I 'improved' the Tender to Loco connector just a tad (bit of glue and squeezy with fingerpokin) and that it can haul 9 Mk1s no bother and 11 with a struggle on the off site curves? I love it, but it isn't filthy, yet.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, checkrail said:

So I believe but I'll stick with my filthy 63xx for now.  As a pre-war S Devon modeller what I'd really like to see is an 83xx.  Highly unlikely I'd have thought.

Further research John has found that the Dapol model I mentioned was indeed a 83xx [8320] at one time , between 1928 and 1944 and could be of use to you if you model after 1926 when the short safety valve was introduced.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2