A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Those 6 wheels look nice @gwrrob - I think I would rather hold fire and splash out on the Mainline and City stock.... Or some more Comet carriages.... 😎😎... Or of course a new ***** from Accurascale 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

the Mainline and City stock.... 

I shall be talking to Dapol about these on Sunday with hopefully a few photos taken too.😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

I shall be talking to Dapol about these on Sunday with hopefully a few photos taken too.😉

Interesting Robin thank you... I wonder if they are still on course to deliver all the stock by the end of the year.... I'm guessing that the last batch (incl shirt button) will slip into Q1 next year perhaps....plus of course what are the other Toplight carriages they are doing? Do they have an eta at this stage?

Enjoy the show.

Regards, Neal.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

OOh the Leader is coming..

It has to have an animated DCC fireman, with sound, gobbing off about what a b#####d Mr Bulleid is!

Edited by Tim Dubya
Lack of coffee
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tim Dubya said:

It has to have an animated DCC fireman, with sound, gobbing off about what a b#####d Mr Bulleid is!

When I was lad my Dad had a pal who had fired the leader. I can still recall him telling me how hot it was. He was used to firing the  pacifics so he knew what hot meant...

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/10/2022 at 18:21, MrWolf said:

Hmm. 

Single track branch line.

150+ wagons already.

They'll be interesting to see, but I promise not to get all over excitable. 🤪

Only 150 - there were more than that at one time on the original section of the Malmesbury branch from Dauntsey.  Only thing was they were all coupled to each other so nothing else could move on that stretch of the branch.  They were stored there prior to be worked up to Swindon for conversion into firewood and razor blades.

• Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

OOP's you've upset the Grand Inquisitor of  the Men In Malachite - you'll soon know how hot the Iron Bullied is( something few have lived to tell the tale about).....

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Only 150 - there were more than that at one time on the original section of the Malmesbury branch from Dauntsey.  Only thing was they were all coupled to each other so nothing else could move on that stretch of the branch.  They were stored there prior to be worked up to Swindon for conversion into firewood and razor blades.

Thank you. That's covered both aspects of the interesting/useful button.

Would you mind putting it into a signed document and passing it on to Miss Riding Hood so that I can amass even more wagons?

Nothing to worry about, she can't hit a barn door at anything over 800 yards...

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Can be found on a few other topics - one might even say there's a bunch of them. 😉

Thanks Keith , your post has cost me 85 sheets.🤣

Edited by gwrrob
info.
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

58 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Thanks Keith , your post has cost me 85 sheets.

I know that feeling, from when someone commented: given that your branch joins up with the GW LNW joint line and it's set just before WW2, you would see a lot more LMS constituent vehicles.

I'd just managed to get my wagon kit stash down from around 150 to below 120, admittedly by building rather than selling them.

That went straight out of the window...🙄

• Friendly/supportive 3

3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Would you mind putting it into a signed document and passing it on to Miss Riding Hood so that I can amass even more wagons?

Nothing to worry about, she can't hit a barn door at anything over 800 yards...

Famous last words!

• Agree 1