A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Spams must be a genius if he thinks he knows what that tender is but perhaps the fact he has seen a copy of a photo Colin Penfold sent me helped.

It's a Bulleid 4500gal tender with raves still attached (not cut down). There's only one tender (ok 2 if you count the larger 5500gal version) with that profile.

I'd have guessed even had I not seen this a while back...

post-6675-0-57301000-1453542161.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

It's a Bulleid 4500gal tender with raves still attached (not cut down). There's only one tender (ok 2 if you count the larger 5500gal version) with that profile.

I'd have guessed even had I not seen this a while back...

attachicon.gifrps20160123_093859.jpg

That narrows the search for the actual loco Chris and Rob has the date photo taken ('57). I'd go for a B of B from Friary/72A and hazard a guess at 34072 but there were loads like this in '57.

Your play!

An interesting working for the familiarisation trip especially with this load of coaches.

I like the fact the the coach with Firsts had roof strips; plebs could get soaked seemingly. 

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

Is it the new Anti-Rhino device? - Designed to keep any stray Rhino off the tracks :-)

I will have you know Sir, that GWR Rhino's are very well behaved animals, and will not stray onto tracks in any circumstances! They certainly do not need a foreign engine to remind them of that!

Yours respectfully, Drs R. H. Ino-Tuinstra, Chairman of the "GWR society for useful Rhino employment"

Edited by Trains&armour
  • Like 1

There are double standards being shewn on this thread.

attachicon.gifDSCN7642.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN7643.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN7644.jpg

Great combination. Am I the only one not fully to have appreciated the size/length difference between the 3MT and the 4MT (don't often see 'real life' pix of the two together, and I never actually saw an 82XXX at all).. We tend to go around retrospectively saying that such and such a class was unnecessary - the bigger (or smaller) version could have done the job - but I'm not sure we all get the sheer size constraints involved. It tends to crop up with items like short-tender Sandringhams for tiny tiny GE turntables, but perhaps we don't always see the bigger requirements picture?

• RMweb Gold

Seriously, Robin, what is the rationale for the Fairburn 2-6-4T, other than 'it's my trainset?' (fine by me if it's the latter, by the way).

Its owner , not me btw,wanted to see it on here, apparently by doing so it's doubled in value.I promise not to shew anything else LMS in future.

• Like 2

Its owner , not me btw,wanted to see it on here, apparently by doing so it's doubled in value.I promise not to shew anything else LMS in future.

I confess, it's all my fault.... But no LMS?  Are you going to renumber-repaint the next one then....?. :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Can anyone tell me what's going on in this rare Tigley Junction photo taken post war.

attachicon.gifDSCN7639(1)bw.jpg

The postman's been again.....

Splendid image Rob. I am quite partial to a 2.6.4T and the Fairburn is a good example. Much more appealing than a large Prairie.

I much prefer the small prairies to the large.

An unusual example of small one being preferable to large ones.

Rub.

• Like 1