Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Interesting choice of adjective...

Incredible prices? That is their words

In recent years incredible has come to mean good or wonderful, the definition is difficult or impossible to believe. This could be taken two ways, the price is so low we can't believe it or so high we can't believe it.

Whatever the price I wish them every success, a project with accuracy at the heart of the project is a rare and good thing.

ITs incredible

Andy

• RMweb Gold
Don't worry, it's a glitch in the Templot print. I know how it should look so don't worry. Couldn't be arsed to fight with Templot any further...

Not so much a glitch as a failure to read the instructions. smile.gif

Nobody ever does that, so I added a function to help:

2_210841_030000000.png

But probably nobody will ever click that, either!

The make slip function does it for you. However it is very likely you will want to do some subsequent track planning with the half-diamonds, so you will need to go back and do this again afterwards.

Martin.

I did have a trap between 12 and 18 but was advised to take it out. It didn't leave enough room to spot a wagon anyway. I'm coming around to the view that 12 and 18 are a crossover. That's one lever less.

Also, and similar to Bodmin North, 6 and 8 form a crossover so one more lever less.

Regards

• RMweb Premium

Not so much a glitch as a failure to read the instructions. smile.gif

Nobody ever does that, so I added a function to help:

2_210841_030000000.png

But probably nobody will ever click that, either!

The make slip function does it for you. However it is very likely you will want to do some subsequent track planning with the half-diamonds, so you will need to go back and do this again afterwards.

Martin.

Martin, I can assure you I spent many, many hours reading posts, watching videos and running through tutorials to draw up the double slip. I found the the whole process quite difficult so, when I got something that had the rails in the right place, albeit in the wrong layer order I drew a line.

I've said this before, Templot is an amazingly powerful and useful tool but it's also one that you get or you don't. I'm in the latter camp, despite using loads of different software at work and home. I could spend many more hours trying to follow the design rational and software methodology but it never seems to click with me.

Others may choose to spend extra hours getting every sleeper in the right place and the track planned virtually to perfection. I chose to spend that time actually building the track and cut my losses as soon as the Templot work got me to that point. Corrections have been made on the fly and the result is trackwork that works. So I'm happy.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris,

I wasn't being critical -- there was a smiley in there. Templot is a tool to use any way you choose.

Just pointing out the solution for any others reading this.

Obviously it is only a cosmetic effect on the template prints, and doesn't matter a damn if you know what you are doing. But clearly from reading the replies others were confused.

The slip looks great.

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Chris,

I wasn't being critical -- there was a smiley in there. Templot is a tool to use any way you choose.

Just pointing out the solution for any others reading this.

Obviously it is only a cosmetic effect on the template prints, and doesn't matter a damn if you know what you are doing. But clearly from reading the replies others were confused.

The slip looks great.

Martin.

Thanks Martin, missed the smile. Somewhat under the weather with a stomach bug at the moment. So not my usual self.

• RMweb Premium

Given the clue at the bottom left of the photo, I’d say it’s Wadebridge.

“Wadebridge”, isn’t that something of an oxymoron? Or should they just have built the bridge a bit higher?

Best

Simon

According to Wikithingy...

The initial settlement of Wade (the name of Wadebridge before the bridge was built) came about due to a ford in the River Camel (Camel probably meaning "crooked one"). The early crossing had a chapel on each side of the river, "King's" chapel on the north side and "St Michael's" on the south side. People would pray for a safe crossing at one of the chapels before wading across at low tide, once they had made it the other side they would give thanks to God in the other chapel. In 1312 a licence was granted for a market at Wade. Wade was part of the parish of St Breock and the river separated it from the neighbouring parish of Egloshayle.

At some time the ford was supplemented by a ferry until the Reverend Thomas Lovibond (the vicar of Egloshayle) became distressed at the number of humans and animals that died during the crossing of the River Camel so he planned the building of a bridge which was completed in 1468. Wade was now known as Wadebridge. 

• RMweb Gold

Not having the best if luck at the moment. Had a stomach bug about two weeks ago, then a chest infection, and now I'm in A&E with bust ribs. Won't be working on the layout for a while.

How did you bust your ribs Chris ?

• RMweb Gold

Crashed a go-cart yesterday. Chest hit the steering wheel. It's OK now though, got some nice big tablets which make everything floaty.

I feel your pain, I went through three broken ribs (and a chest infection) last year after a crash while skiing. Incredibly painful until the doctor showed up with the magic pills. Kind of my own fault as I had a new tracking app and was trying to see how fast I could go...

Hope your recovery is quick

• RMweb Premium

Hi Chris

Sorry to hear that you cracked some ribs while Go Karting.

I know it’s very painful having done the same in RTA way back in the seventies.

Get well soon.

Terry

Sorry to hear about your "mishap" Chris ( Been there- T-shirt etc.) 

Don't rush things eh ! Better to feel 100 % before, dare I say, cracking on with the layout matey.

All the best,

Grahame