Show us your scratchbuilt building

Australian ones look like they will be at home.

G.

Suppose I'll have to stick them down to stop them falling out now?

That also explains why the water troughs are empty.........

Tried a few other pictures and they seem fine, even tried turning it upside down and then attaching but it still ended up the wrong way.

I assume you are all seeing this the wrong way up!

Not sure what's happened to the picture as on my computer it's upside down.......can't seem to find a way to turn it up the right way.

Anyone help?

There ya go !

post-20303-0-30399200-1472593590.jpeg

Posted 46 minutes earlier, and right under your nose :P

Sorry John I tried licking my finger to turn the page on my iPad but it was too slow mate ! :)

Many thanks gents for turning it around.

What was I missing as I looked in edit etc and couldn't see an obvious way of turning it.

I dragged your photo onto my Desktop, opened it in GIMP, rotated it, exported it, and then uploaded it.

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks gents for turning it around.

What was I missing as I looked in edit etc and couldn't see an obvious way of turning it.

Was the photo taken on an iPad or iPhone by any chance? There's something embedded in such photos that often causes them to appear wrong way up on the forum.

Was the photo taken on an iPad or iPhone by any chance? There's something embedded in such photos that often causes them to appear wrong way up on the forum.

Yes, an iPhone 5S. It has happened once before when I posted on the other site I belong to (Railwaymodellers.com) but I sorted it by initially turning the picture upside down which resulted in it being displayed the correct way up. Didn't work here though.

Is there a work around?

Yes, an iPhone 5S. It has happened once before when I posted on the other site I belong to (Railwaymodellers.com) but I sorted it by initially turning the picture upside down which resulted in it being displayed the correct way up. Didn't work here though.

Is there a work around?

Yes, there are a couple. The easiest is simply holding the iPhone the "right" way up. More info here: http://iphonephotographyschool.com/iphone-photos-upside-down/

Edited by Kiwi

Here's the final update on this N gauge building project. 

I've made and fitted the pyramid shaped skylight and finished the basic painting. However, there are still a few bits and pieces to do like adding details (such as burglar alarms, signs, vents and so on), weathering and scene setting, but I've other projects to be getting on with. As the building is not urgently required I can put it to one side for the time being:

140718.jpg

140813.jpg

G.

Superb modelling Grahame. What's the eventual plan for this and the other LB structures you've been doing recently?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'd forgotten to update on this thread but following on from my scratchbuilt modern-day BP petrol station earlier this thread, I've knocked up a few mundane shops for Worthing MRC's Loftus Road layout, based on Kensington Olympia.

29259695005_482708b1c2_b.jpgScratchbuilt shops for Worthing MRC Loftus Road by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

The shops are near-exact replications from various ones along the Uxbridge Road just to the North of our chosen prototype station, I love a bit of London grit!

29181026531_a7ded9d55b_b.jpgScratchbuilt shops for Worthing MRC Loftus Road by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

They're slapped together from card, styrene strip and oodles of home made graphics for full 3D shop interiors, including a Chicken Cottage and of course a cheeky Nandos!

29151466302_16e1b3621a_b.jpgScratchbuilt shops for Worthing MRC Loftus Road by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

More details, pictures and future progress updates can be found on our layout thread here -

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69628-loftus-road-by-worthing-mrc/page-12 

There's plenty more on the way and we're at Warley this year, so the pressure is on, hope to see you there! :)

• Like 17

A bit of progress on the goods shed. Brickwork now finished and the office has a door and windows. Just started cutting out the shell for the second half. A railway to put it on is the next task. I have been looking in Mr Rice's book on layout construction and think I may adopt Clun as a starting point but when is anybody's guess will post again later.

post-28019-0-88931200-1473586456_thumb.jpg

post-28019-0-87639300-1473586488_thumb.jpg

post-28019-0-98718200-1473586502_thumb.jpg

post-28019-0-83088600-1473586517_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Been busy today and have managed to build the basic shell of goods shed part two. I had to do this first to be able to work out the roof symmetry for the first building it will be quite big when its finished. It will hopefully make a center piece on the layout I have a pic of the plan view but it might be hard to see but I will post it any way. It may give some idea of the finished size.

Steve

post-28019-0-96773200-1473604836_thumb.jpg

post-28019-0-54993000-1473604860_thumb.jpg

Quaint little platform signal box that I built over a couple of days.

Normal materials used, postcard tiled roof, laser cut windows adapted to suit, postcard boarding, microstrip steps and brick paper plinth.

Finials from Langley, there was a name board fitted but it was to long so back to the drawing board - might just add one saying 'Little Muddle' and leave off the signal box bit.

post-8925-0-70306300-1473701785_thumb.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 13

I appreciate that this thread is probably not for 'in-progress' projects but it is for scratch-built buildings so here's one of my unfinished efforts. Basically I've gone back to making a bit more progress on my N gauge compressed version of the SER offices 'flat iron' building at London Bridge. Rumour has it that Network Rail want to demolish it to provide a larger pavement plazza for the new station entrance. The Victorian Society is aghast as the possible destruction of a very fine five storey polychromatic and uniquely shaped building.

Anyway here is the progress on my effort. The lower floors grey unpainted area will have a viaduct wall in front of it:

181301.jpg

181126.jpg

G.

• Like 11

I appreciate that this thread is probably not for 'in-progress' projects but it is for scratch-built buildings so here's one of my unfinished efforts. Basically I've gone back to making a bit more progress on my N gauge compressed version of the SER offices 'flat iron' building at London Bridge. Rumour has it that Network Rail want to demolish it to provide a larger pavement plazza for the new station entrance. The Victorian Society is aghast as the possible destruction of a very fine five storey polychromatic and uniquely shaped building.

Anyway here is the progress on my effort. The lower floors grey unpainted area will have a viaduct wall in front of it:

181301.jpg

181126.jpg

G.

Grahame,

I enjoy seeing you buildings in various stages of construction as it shows the methods you have used. Please carry on!

Cheers

Carl