The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

I was born a first child. Everyone thinks I am completely odd.

My sister was born second. Ever since her birth, I have been trying to get even with her. Somehow I don't think I will ever succeed.

EDIT

Sorry, gentlemen - this is a very dry joke - not a search for sympathy ;)

Edited by Curlew

• RMweb Gold

It was difficult to decide whether you were so out of touch you genuinely had no idea what FB was an abbreviation of, or whether you were just being sarcastic, a form of humour not uncommon in a thread about jokes, so 'unsure of meaning' summed up my thoughts perfectly.  Thank you for clearing it up so comprehensively. 

I'm out of touch too then, I assumed it meant flat bottom as in rail,

Not all of us are saddos on, and aware of, (anti) social media.

Mike.

• Like 1

I'm out of touch too then, I assumed it meant flat bottom as in rail,

Not all of us are saddos on, and aware of, (anti) social media.

Mike.

Not all of us on, and aware of, social media are "saddos" either.

• Like 1

No offence, and expecting none, I'd rather people didn't expect me to understand trendy abbreviations. I'm reminded of the car park attendant in the late 50s/early 60s TV show "77 Sunset Strip" whose speech was mainly abbreviations. Invariably, another cast member would have to ask what he meant, and wait for an explanation. The only time I found this trick the least amusing was when he was asked:

"J.D, why do you always speak in abbreviations?"

"ST."

"ST?"

"Saves time."

I should have given up watching when Kookie left...

I agree with Bluebottle.  I was once told I had to get used to TLAs.

Apparently a TLA is a "three letter abbreviation"

Many years ago I was at a conference in which one of the speakers littered their speech with TLAs. In the question session afterwards I asked if the speaker could explain the TLAs and they, dismissively, suggested that if I didn't understand them, perhaps I was at the wrong conference. I politely asked if they understood them? The reply was "Of course" so I then asked them again to explain them.

It became quite clear very quickly that the speaker was lacking serious content, and it did my kudos a lot of good in front of other people, some of whom, at the time, were very influential, to challenge them and show them to be full of hot air!

Phil

• Like 7

Many years ago I was at a conference in which one of the speakers littered their speech with TLAs. In the question session afterwards I asked if the speaker could explain the TLAs and they, dismissively, suggested that if I didn't understand them, perhaps I was at the wrong conference. I politely asked if they understood them? The reply was "Of course" so I then asked them again to explain them.

It became quite clear very quickly that the speaker was lacking serious content, and it did my kudos a lot of good in front of other people, some of whom, at the time, were very influential, to challenge them and show them to be full of hot air!

Phil

Reminds me of this. I know it's been around since Marconi was a lad but it still makes me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKv5ulewTO4

• Like 2

I agree with Bluebottle.  I was once told I had to get used to TLAs.

Apparently a TLA is a "three letter abbreviation

Here I am thinking TLAs was something my ex-girlfriend used very well to attract me to her that first night we met...  her tight little @r$%...! 

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Apparently a TLA is a "three letter abbreviation"

Whereas a four letter abbreviation is, of course, an ETLA.

Extended three letter abbreviation.

My mates a Millwall fan and bought him self an electic. kettle with the club crest on every time he put it in the cupboard it would smash a load of cups up . So he took it back to the shop and they said " that will be the Hooligan element sir "

• RMweb Premium

My mates a Millwall fan and bought him self an electic. kettle with the club crest on every time he put it in the cupboard it would smash a load of cups up . So he took it back to the shop and they said " that will be the Hooligan element sir "

I'm surprised a Millwall fan knew what to do with it. Normally you don't boil beer!

:jester:

Husband buys his son an iPAD, daughter an iPOD, himself an iPHONE and his wife an iRON.

She wasn't impressed even after he explained it can be integrated with the iWASH, iCOOK and iCLEAN network.

This triggered the iNAG service, which totally wiped out the iSHAG function.

A honeymoon couple are staying at the Watergate Hotel in Washington. The bride is concerned "What if the place is still bugged?"

The groom says "I'll look for a bug."  He looks behind the curtains, behind the pictures, under the carpet "AHA!"  Under the carpet was a disc with four screws.  He gets his Swiss army knife, unscrews the screws, throws them and the disc out the window.

The next morning, the hotel manager asks the newlyweds "How was your room?", "How was the service?", "How was your stay at the Watergate Hotel?"

The groom says, "Why are you asking me all of these questions?"

The hotel manager says "Well, the room UNDER you complained of the chandelier falling on them."