The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

On 02/02/2023 at 11:04, Hibelroad said:

But the question has to be asked, have they ever woken up with an ugly man ?

RAF training course  just South of York, a few of the students liked to go to into York to the Black Cat Disco, for a few bevies and sample some of the feminine delights, seemingly available.  Apparently some would, occasionally, have a "Grimmy" contest.  {No need for much imagination there, I guess.}  Much hilarity over Scores, at the Mess Bar, when they got back.

Even more hilarity one evening, when one of their midst, gave a Thumbs-up behind the back of his latest "Grimmy" conquest, followed by her being seen, openly, giving a Thumbs-up to her mates, at the bar.  "That's telling your mates you scored?" he asked.  "Yes" she replied, "Just won the Grimmy bloke contest!"   🤣

.....   Err, nope, I was not one of the group, having more respect for my immune system.

• Like 3

On 25/01/2023 at 08:38, LimboBrit said:

My sister-in-law was married to a chap who started his career in the Dutch merchant navy. During this period he gained his "Vaardiploma" or sailing diploma. After leaving the merchant navy he was once a guest at dinner with a family in the UK. During the conversation he commented "I got my VD when I was in the merchant navy". The reaction at the table was not what he expected.

There actually was a VD or Voluntary officers Decoration in the UK, before WWI I think.

Peterfgf

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, NIK said:

After an ex Tory Party chairman says Dominic Raab should be suspended, Raab's former underlings debate what to suspend him by.

I gather he's already been invited to the Bungie Jump session planned a while ago, with a promise of no-strings-attached, of course...

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

I gather he's already been invited to the Bungie Jump session planned a while ago, with a promise of no-strings-attached, of course...

A bungee cord 100 feetlong and a drop of 80 feet perhaps?🥰

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, jcredfer said:

Perhaps this could be scaled up to suit their particular requirements? 

1817490373_badday.jpg.df6b14c55686854109ac5f53a2ee1e3d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, The White Rabbit said:

Perhaps this could be scaled up to suit their particular requirements? 

1817490373_badday.jpg.df6b14c55686854109ac5f53a2ee1e3d.jpg

Not so funny when you realise that the animal suffered internal injuries and died in agony.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Not so funny when you realise that the animal suffered internal injuries and died in agony.

Its the fate of most (all?) animals in the wild.

But the contrivance wasn't intentional and the circumstances have an air of macabre humour.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Hroth said:

But the contrivance wasn't intentional and the circumstances have an air of macabre humour.

Except a man made device has caused the problem! Loads of things man has created has caused havoc with wild life - plastic bags anyone and yes they aren't intentional either.

• Agree 3

35 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

Except a man made device has caused the problem! Loads of things man has created has caused havoc with wild life - plastic bags anyone and yes they aren't intentional either.

So there's going to be an HSE directive concerning the design of bird feeders to prevent squirrel nuts being inadvertently trapped in supporting brackets?

As for plastic bags, all sorts of plastic things cause problems in the natural world, though I was mainly thinking of all the natural ways that animals come to a sticky end.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Hroth said:

7 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Maybe it's a kind of Darwin Award, for the squirrel that tried stashing its nuts in the most stupid place.

Yes, very few wild animals have a peaceful end and a fair few are down to 'Nature', red in tooth and claw. And I would agree this squirrel is a prime candidate for an animal Darwin Award, a raid on a bird feeder that went (very) badly wrong. Sometimes the 'selection of the fittest' means some of those who fall by the wayside do so in bad ways. 

I was sent this photo (and a few others) from an ex-pat couple now in France. Whilst their humour is often 'robust', they would not let an animal suffer. And they are careful not to let plastic bags blow around outside where they might harm animals or birds and generally try to support the local wildlife. 

Edited by The White Rabbit
  • Like 2