The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

They look like sliding cabinet doors so it just might be possible to rescue the dishes. 

Most, but not all, I expect!

Its a pity that a switch to temporarily disable gravity hasn't yet been invented...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

They look like sliding cabinet doors so it just might be possible to rescue the dishes. 

If not, then you have to make the decision - which is cheaper/easier to replace, the dishes, or the glass in the door...

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Nick C said:

If not, then you have to make the decision - which is cheaper/easier to replace, the dishes, or the glass in the door...

Now that's an idea, cut out the glass pane below the one holding the dishes, fill half the shelf below with something like bubble wrap and blank off where the glass has been removed so when the door is moved the dishes drop onto the bubble wrap. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Now that's an idea, cut out the glass pane below the one holding the dishes, fill half the shelf below with something like bubble wrap and blank off where the glass has been removed so when the door is moved the dishes drop onto the bubble wrap. 

Perhaps remove the pane above the dishes and take them out from above?

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

if you're going on safari, watch out for charging Rhinos....

£30 quid is quite extortionate, if you ask me...

'Tarzan called in today'

'Did he?

'yes, he was in the area, so he swung by'.

My Grandad got a job as a lifeguard in the local leisure centre. He was so pleased, you would think he won the pools..... 

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, tomparryharry said:

if you're going on safari, watch out for charging Rhinos....

£30 quid is quite extortionate, if you ask me...

Now it was £50 the first time I heard a version of this joke, nearly 30 years ago. Does this indicate that rhino numbers are back on the up? 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Now it was £50 the first time I heard a version of this joke, nearly 30 years ago. Does this indicate that rhino numbers are back on the up? 

I like to give my jokes an airing from time to time.  I was going to tell the one about the Monkey, the doughnut & the Traffic Warden, but I think the mods wouldn't like it...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, jcredfer said:

But which plate will you move first? Whatever you do the plates, or at last some of them are going to fall so you need something to catch them and cushion the fall.

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, jcredfer said:

Pull the cabinet out from the wall, lay it on its back and then open the door...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

I was reading recently about a church that was in need of a new bell, as one of the existing ones had cracked beyond repair. These days, a new bronze bell is extremely expensive, and also not very ecologically friendly. The metals have to be mined and refined, with all the ungreen implications, and the casting uses an enormous amount of heat which, however it’s generated, is not good for the atmosphere. The church did some research, and managed to find a company who made them a bell out of recycled animal faeces.

It goes ‘dung.’

• Like 1
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

I was reading recently about a church that was in need of a new bell, as one of the existing ones had cracked beyond repair

Probably due to mistreatment decades ago from "clappering".

39 minutes ago, Welchester said:

Animal faeces are actually used in bellfounding.

The cracked bell would be melted down and recast, with a small amount of extra metal added to make up for foundry processes*.  Recycling at its finest!

* Sprues, etc, which would be recovered from the new casting once cooled down.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

I was reading recently about a church that was in need of a new bell, as one of the existing ones had cracked beyond repair. These days, a new bronze bell is extremely expensive, and also not very ecologically friendly. The metals have to be mined and refined, with all the ungreen implications, and the casting uses an enormous amount of heat which, however it’s generated, is not good for the atmosphere. The church did some research, and managed to find a company who made them a bell out of recycled animal faeces.

It goes ‘dung.’

I fail to see any humor here.

EDIT: I missed the last line as I thought that it was part of the signature. Now I see the humor!

Edited by J. S. Bach
To add some information
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1