Prototype for everything corner.

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

Is that a giraffe on the end of the vehicle on the right?

According to the Flicka comment that was added a few minutes ago - it's a damaged railcar on the right which did look like a wodden giraffe!

1 hour ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Looks like 2 DMU Driving Motor Brakes coupled cab to cab, a MK1 BSK then 3 GUVs. What a mixture, definitely prototype for everything.

If you put that combination together on a model railway you’d get some ‘interesting’ comments…

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

14 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Looks like 2 DMU Driving Motor Brakes coupled cab to cab, a MK1 BSK then 3 GUVs. What a mixture, definitely prototype for everything.

Possibly en route to/from a works? I occasionally saw Cricklewoood Cl 127 DMU cars in a Derby-London parcels working.

In fact after writing that, and clicking through to the Flickr comments, someone reckons it could be a Willesden-Derby working that conveyed stuff for Derby works.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, sir douglas said:

what about this for a diverse range of wagons together, Monkton colliery near Barnsley in the 1920's, with a line of wagons made of a NE, GE, LSWR, MR and GW

https://www.aditnow.co.uk/Photo/New-Monckton-12_81685/

And variable ways of loading pit props from the different companies

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

Hest Bank 1967 by KDH Archive

67 314 190767 Hest Bank D5177 and 92227

Is this picture "reversed" - it looks like it to me!

Kev.

I know what you mean. The 24 is carrying a tail lamp, but if the 9F is leading they're running wrong road. The number on the 25 reads the right way around, though, and the 9F appears to be in mid gear, or so close you can't tell from this angle. On the other hand, the arrangements for getting from Hest Bank to Morecambe were strange, to say the least, and did require an element of reversal and wrong road working. I can't remember when direct access became possible.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, LMS2968 said:

I know what you mean. The 24 is carrying a tail lamp, but if the 9F is leading they're running wrong road. The number on the 25 reads the right way around, though, and the 9F appears to be in mid gear, or so close you can't tell from this angle. On the other hand, the arrangements for getting from Hest Bank to Morecambe were strange, to say the least, and did require an element of reversal and wrong road working. I can't remember when direct access became possible.

I think the lamp is actually a headlamp 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I must admit to not noticing the 25s number or Head Code - Doh! - and only focussed in on the (Tail) Lamp and the smoke/steam from the 9F that appears to be going the wrong way!

Oh well, thanks for all the explanations and details.

Kev.