Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium

I've referred readers of DJ matters (Class 23) to Modern Locomotives Illustrated number 226--The Class 23s and 28s. Now wouldn't a 28 be nice too--especially with those duck-egg blue grilles and bogie frames!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

well, some more industrial locos would be nice, and there's even a helpful poll on the subject here

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/124429-weve-never-had-it-so-good-poll-for-new-industrial-loco-models/

to help offer some options!

RTR 00 industrials certainly seem to be selling well at the mo...

cheers,

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Not my personal wish, but I'd reckon a Marsh I3 'Atlantic' would be a nice addition. Definitely up for one of those.... Where it would fit in my valleys layout might be a bit difficult.

My personal wish, would be a Great Western 'Large' Metro. However, not liable to see it anytime soon, what with DJM still offering the little 48xx. Sigh.... At least one can wish.... Still got a couple of 'small' metros knocking about. Just need to find my stack of 'roundtoits'.

Ian

A very few people constantly repeating their "wants" is pointless.  It is noticeable, FOR INSTANCE, that despite the constant repetition of the same requests for GE items the J70 tram doesn't seem to warrant a GE livery version, once the GE fans can raise enough interest to get a livery produced then MAYBE a GE new model will be forthcoming.

The annual survey is the best that can be achieved.

• RMweb Premium

I wish Dave would post me the four third rail pickups that are missing from my Cl 71, I am not holding my breath.

It may have just slippe is mind. A friendly email should sort it out.

Sorry mate,

My dads been in hospital this last few days, and my 'to do list' completely slipped my mind.

He's 80 this month, and hanging on in there, although this his is his fourth time in Kings Lynn hospital this year.

I'll be on it hopefully tomorrow.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the reply Dave, of course your Dad is much more important than a few bits of plastic. have met him in the past, a nice chap, ex Milcombe man I believe, they make them tough there. Hope he recovers quickly.

Thanks for the reply Dave, of course your Dad is much more important than a few bits of plastic. have met him in the past, a nice chap, ex Milcombe man I believe, they make them tough there. Hope he recovers quickly.

Managed to get them in the post today first class mate, and thank you for the kind words.

Yup, ex. Milcombe man, and founder of the Banbury Model Railway Club, along side myself and the late Fred Berry, once upon a year or 30 ago. Lol

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thank you Dave, club is still going but not as strong as it was a few years ago but we soldier on. My wife is from Milcombe and Fred was one of my patients who introduced me to the club.

• Like 2

It is a potential runner, and there's quite a lot of work taking place in it.https://www.aclocogroup.co.uk/news.php

The model not the real thing. Lots of stuff done at BH on the loco, modules now out for overhaul etc. A few good videos of traction motor blowers working etc.

Somewhere in the past I read an article about the potential for the Cl89 model(?) going ahead but unfortunately some agreement was not possible.